Field Service Technician / Service Engineer
|Detroit, Michigan - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is global manufacturer and supplier of innovative Robotic Palletizing and Materials Handling solutions into industrial applications throughout North America and internationally.
At this time we are looking to recruit an additional Field Service Technician to manage new installations and troubleshoot installations in the field across North America.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Installation, programming and commissioning of new Complex Conveyor, Robotic Palletizing and Packaging Machinery projects throughout North America.
- Conduct on site training for operators and on site maintenance staff
- Provide remote telephone support to customers.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on existing installations.
- Promote and support sales activities.
- Submitting detailed Service Reports in a timely manner
Ideally the successful applicants will be experienced in a comparable role or has worked with similar equipment. However it will be your ability to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications that are most important:
- A full Electrical License is essential
- PLC and Robotic Programming skills in particular Allen Bradley PLCs and ABB or Kawasaki Robots would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrable Project Management skills.
- Display competency in troubleshooting and repairing technical machinery including industrial Robots, Palletizing and Materials Handling solutions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An understanding of, the mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic aspects of process machines.
- An ability to work under pressure and display excellent customer service.
- Be a proactive self starter who builds strong client relationships and understands the needs of your customer.
- You are able to travel regularly both inter-state and to internationally based sites.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Full product training will be provided on both local and internationally based sites.