|Job Location:||Songshan District, Taipei City - Taiwan|
|Salary:||$75,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
I would love some help filling a position in Taiwan. 30% fee and they use us exclusively. We have the US based International Controller traveling to Taiwan to interview May 28th to June 2nd. Typically, they like to interview 5-6 people while in country and come back and prepare an offer the next week. They are located in the Songshan Dist, Taipei City 105 in Taiwan. We place 5-10 positions a year with this company.
We placed the person leaving at $80K US 2 years ago. They have asked me for guidance as to what would be appropriate comp for this role in Taiwan now. I would love some feedback from my you as to what the comp should be now. I am assuming it will be in the $80K to $100K range.
If you have any questions jump on my calendar and let’s schedule a time to talk. You can easily see my real-time availability and schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/loralea.
Company is a leader with a strong reputation in the multi-level, direct marketing industry.
Finance Manager - Taiwan
Summary - Provide accounting and finance support for Company office in Taiwan. The position requires an individual with experience in broad G/L, accounts payable, banking, reconciliations, intercompany, statutory regulations and tax compliance relating to local filings. Position requires competency with accounting rules and reporting requirements, ability to be timely and accurate, comfort in maintaining the U.S. SOX system of controls over accounting transactions, and ability to work with multiple supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Review monthly bank account reconciliations
· Review vendor payables and submit for payment
· Reconcile intercompany accounts with Corporate
· Ensure that reconciliations and closings are completed timely and accurately
· Profit & Loss review/analysis
· Assist with the update, maintaining, and monitoring of internal controls and manage SOX compliance
· Provide ad hoc reporting and analyses as needed
· Assist in creating the budget with Corporate & the General Manager as well as misc. budget analysis
· Address local audits for statutory reporting as well as potential requests at the consolidated audit level
· Work with the Corporate office in the processing of commission payments and the corresponding compliance documentation
· Responsible for compliance of monthly and yearly tax and other government reporting requirements (Income tax, VAT, annual commission withholding returns & annual purchase data returns reporting, etc.)
· Follow intercompany agreements and coordinate in the booking of various intercompany transactions, including management fees and intercompany interest, with the corporate office.
· This position will be assisted by the local tax and accounting firm to prepare payroll, compliance for individual commission-based contractors, year-end tax filings, and other required monthly tax returns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· Degree in Accounting required
· CPA or equivalent preferred
· 2 years public company experience preferred
Minimum of 3-5 years in a related position required
· Experience with accounting/ERP systems and implementations
· Experience with reporting tools
· Experience in intercompany accounting with multinational companies
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Business level knowledge and fluency of both Mandarin and English required
· Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors and company contacts.
· Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint
· Microsoft D365 or other mid-market system ERP system experience is preferred
· Motivated self starter with the ability to perform the above duties
· Able to work well under the pressure of meeting deadlines