|Fresno, California - United States
$50,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Discretionary bonus + benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This highly visible and newly created position will report directly to the Controller and has the potential to progress quickly into an Assistant Controller position. This individual will also start to assume responsibility for supervising other staff within the team and work closely with the CFO, Owner and Head of Sales to produce monthly reports and analytics. Seeking someone dedicated to continued education who will take an analytical approach to various accounting responsibilities, including but not limited to journal entries, inter-company transactions, accounts receivable and payable, accruals, cost accounting, and annual compliance for the accounting department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and be willing to take on new roles as needed. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare month-end financial statements;
- Prepare and maintain fixed asset schedules;
- Prepare components of the quarterly and year-end financial statements;
- Assist in reviewing accounts payable vouchers ensuring the vendor name, dollar amounts, and coding agrees with the approved invoice;
- Assist accounts receivable and payable personnel with customer/vendor related tasks;
- Assist with Software cost center, phase code, and general ledger account set- up/connections; and
- Cross-train on accounting processes and other accounting functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- CPA candidate preferred;
- Experience working in a CPA firm preferred but not required;
- Experience working in manufacturing environment preferred;
- 2 to 3 years of increasing responsibilities in accounting/finance, with financial reporting experience;
- Advanced understanding of general accounting concepts;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and related software programs;
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required;
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly, professional and proactive manner;
- Be creative, flexible, and able to drive/guide change;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-entity, and multi-cultural environment;
- Must be able to think outside the box, work independently with general supervision, be a team player, and willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require; and
- Possess strong leadership, management, and people skills.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree