|Vancouver, British Columbia - Canada
$70,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Full Benefit Package
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Dynamic, growing development company. Brand new office space, great engaged team. Interesting and diverse role for designated accountant.
ASSET MANAGEMENT (reporting to Snr Manager – Investment Analysis):
- Assist with annual IPP business planning, budgeting and forecasting process, including:
- Review of externally prepared property management budgets with input from the Director of Asset Management, Legal and the Controller.
- Feedback on external Property Managers including identifying risks associated with the IPP assets
- Assist with leasing of commercial units within the existing IPP portfolio, including:
- Tracking of all tenant leases and working on renewals and negotiations for maturing leases.
- Plan for negotiations, gather market data, and strategize new leases, negotiations, and processing of tenant leases. Coordinate lease documents with Legal Counsel.
- Assist with coordinating leasing of new developments with commercial opportunities, including:
- Plan for negotiations, gather market data, and strategize leasing. Coordinate processing of tenant leases including lease documents with Legal Counsel
- Liaising with Finance department to ensure term loan requirements met
- Coordinating transition process for development properties moving to the IPP portfolio, liaising with Finance department.
- Assist with appraisals and coordinate other required lender reporting for Term loans, liaising with Finance department.
- Assist with annual property tax review and appeals process for the IPP and development portfolio.
- Assist with government audits related to property valuations, property tax and property transfer tax.
- Coordinate external appraisals including negotiations for IPP ensuring alignment with business and financing strategies
- Assist Project Analyst in preparing financial models of development projects based on evaluating financial assumptions (revenues, costs, cash flows, equity and schedule).
- Assist Project Analyst with development project proformas and cash flows and scenario analysis.
- Assist Project Analyst with monthly reporting for Production Meeting
- Prepare other ad-hoc financial evaluation models to support business and strategic planning initiatives as assigned.
- Input into overall corporate valuation summary, including preparing corporate valuation reporting to lenders.
- Support Finance team with project financings by providing external consultants reports and other conditions precedent as required.
- Review and recommend changes/enhancement or process improvements for reporting systems & internal controls, including system review initiatives.
- Assist with annual budgeting process.
- Assist with business process changes, including preparation of audit flowcharts.
- Prepare monthly data import of property management accounting from Transpacific Realty Advisors. Review monthly reports from Transpacific and identify and reconcile any variances to budget/projections. Review and input annual budgets into accounting software. IPP Operating Statement review for IPP entities. Prepare monthly IPP cashflow inputs and projections.
- Accounting designation completed - CPA
- Minimum 8 years’ work experience – must have some time in Development or related industry
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Able to work well in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Thorough knowledge of industry procedures and principles.
- Self-motivated to accomplish objectives.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree