Focus Factory Manager (Textiles)
|Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States
$65,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Production Manager that will be responsible for safety of employees, plant housekeeping and 6S, meeting daily production requirements, on-time shipping of high quality parts that meet customer expectations, achieve monthly financial budget at the Contribution Margin level, while continuously improving manufacturing operations. Directly supervises 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift Team Leaders, Production Associates, and Set-up teams.
- Ensure daily line staffing is sufficient to meet production and delivery requirements. Request the Plant Manager’s approval if overtime is needed in order to meet customer requirements.
- Reviews schedules and order requirements for each production line; communicates with prior and later shift supervisor on schedule/order status and known priorities. Immediately notifies Planner and Plant Manager of unplanned downtime, excessive scrap or risk of not meeting schedule/order requirements.
- Conduct daily/weekly shift communication meetings to review line performance (safety, productivity, scrap, customer concerns, 6S). Discuss and initiate countermeasures for off-target performance. Follow-up on associates needs and concerns.
- Monitors hourly performance for each production line. Coordinates assistance from Process Engineer, Quality Engineer, Maintenance or other support function as needed to immediately correct off-target line performance.
- Functional knowledge of Shop Floor and Order Management systems, both ERP (Oracle) and Visual Management.
- Ensures compliance to Visual Management controls.(Hour-by-Hour performance tracking, KANBAN pull systems, Line OEE and scrap trends and improvement actions, Downtime Tracking and improvement actions, 6S audits trend and improvement actions.
- Ensures employee compliance to part and process operating standards and standard work requirements. Immediately corrects non-conformance to procedure and issues identified in Layered Process Audits.
- Approves employee time and attendance system punches. Ensures compliance to company policy with documented progressive disciplinary action for attendance issues. Approves employee vacation requests per company policy while ensuring adequate line staffing.
- Ensures compliance to all rules, regulations, and policies. Immediately documents, communicates and corrects violations or unsafe conditions. Treats all direct reports equally with respect and compassion while adhering to company policy.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as required. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results in assigned tasks and continuous improvement projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years supervisory experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Metal stamping experience
- Knowledge of ERP (Oracle), Time and Attendance (Kronos)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software.
- Must have above-average interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated implementation of Lean concepts.
- Knowledgeable in ISO/TS 16949, ISO14001, and OSHA requirements.
- Strong planning skills and the ability to direct and lead by example.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree