Functional Safety Engineer - Automotive
|Auburn Hills, Michigan - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do, employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and Review Functional Safety Test and Fault Injection Test Plan with stake holders
- Lead Full/Delta Functional Safety Tests Verification and Validation on bench and vehicle
- Lead Full/Delta Fault Injection Tests Verification and Validation on bench and vehicle
- Prepare Full/Delta test reports for Functional Safety Test and Fault Injection Tests
- Perform Delta Safety Assessment (SW/Cal updates) during SW Releases
- Support Delta Safety Assessment appraisal activities with customer
- Create and Maintain project specific Functional Safety Work Products
- Ensure required Functional Safety Work Products (V&V) fulfil Delta Safety Assessment
- Maintain the Project Safety Case Checklist for the SW releases with the Functional Safety Manager for ECU HW & SW, Sub-System and System.
- Support Internal and External Functional Safety Managers with
- Support Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment activities
- Support for SW Release Approval Process
- Support technical safety concept including system safety requirements
- Support Functional Safety and Fault Injection Test report reviews
- Support functional safety related audits and assessments.
- Support functional safety test, etc. activities to maintain functional safety in production (e.g. EOL test, calibration process) and operation phases (e.g. field monitoring, modification process)
- Support the system design engineer with impact analysis of system design changes on functional safety and ensure that functional safety is maintained on product level.
- Support the sub-system and system design within qualitative and quantitative System FMEA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
- Support and maintain safety case related activities.
- Support SW PEM and Vehicle Integration Manager during S/W, H/W and Product Releases
- Experience working with automotive systems
- Experience working with ATI Vision, ETAS INCA, Mathworks suite, etc.
- High level understanding of ISO 26262
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with customers and suppliers.
- Proven communication, teamwork and organizational talents.
- Hunger for continuous learning, growth and curiosity
- Willingness for business trips as needed
- DOORS, PTC Integrity, and MediniAnalyze tools knowledge beneficial
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to work and travel independently
- Key Responsibilities
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree