Functional Safety Engineer
|Southfield, Michigan - United States
$110,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This position is open for a majority of the tasks to be done remotely, coming into the office 1-2 times a week.
A Functional Safety Engineer with ASIL-B project experience is required to play a key role in providing guidance to engineering design teams for systems, hardware, and software related to safety needs. In this position, you will be required to recommend requirement, design, and V&V changes to improve the project’s safety needs. This client is a leader in advanced vehicle safety and active driving systems, offering significant future opportunities in those technologies. If you have good experience with ASIL-B projects along with solid knowledge of embedded software/hardware engineering, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Functional Safety Engineer:
- Lead Major OEM project with regards to full functional safety life cycle
- Provide feedback and guidance to the engineering design teams for systems, hardware, and software on safety needs
- Recommend requirement, design, and V&V changes to improve the project’s safety needs.
- Create, Maintain, and control the work products for the full safety life cycle
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience as a safety analyst/engineer/manager in an automotive environment, with at least two full life cycles under your belt.
- MUST HAVE Experience with ASIL-B projects
- Solid understanding of embedded software and/or hardware engineering domains. You need to be able to read the code and/or hardware schematics to find potential issues and push through resolutions.
- Experience in safety analysis methods and tools
- Experience with DIA and Safety Plans
- Experience with Preliminary Hazard and Dependent Failure /Common cause analysis
- Experience with FTA from creation to analysis
- Experience with FMEA/DFMEA along with the knowledge of Hardware Metrics Calculation
- Experience performing Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level
- Automotive Cyber Security skills/experience a plus
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree