Fund Accounting Manager
|West Palm Beach, Florida - United States
$95,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|15% target bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Decades old PE firm with a strong track record of profitability and also known for advancing the careers of the staff. Ideally located in West Palm Beach, FL, a thriving business and residential community in South Florida.
We are seeking a Fund Accounting Manager to assist in leading our team. The position will be responsible for the daily accounting and financial reporting of multiple real estate private equity funds and its associated properties. This position is ideally suited for a well organized individual who can work independently, pays attention to detail, can shift priorities as new responsibilities are assigned, have good working relationships with colleagues in other functional groups across the Firm, and think analytically and strategically with the bigger picture in mind to facilitate overall corporate goals. The company is in acquisition mode so the individual must be able to cope and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Maintain and review the general ledger for multiple fund entities using the funds general ledger, Yardi.
- Review daily bank activities, record/review cash activities, and reconcile and review book vs. bank cash balances.
- Monitor cash balances and prepare and review weekly and monthly bank statement reconciliations.
- Maintain and review loan compliance with fund lines of credit.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reporting packages.
- Complete and review the quarterly close process including preparation and review of journal entries.
- Prepare and review quarterly/annual financial statements, quarterly capital statements, investor letters, LP distribution and capital call notifications, and quarterly work papers for internal review and quarterly reporting support.
- Calculate and review capital calls, distributions, and management fees.
- Calculate and review preferred return, promote, carried interest waterfalls.
- Maintain investor database on the external reporting module.
- Prepare and review all investor?level requests and quarterly investor?level questionnaires.
- Be a point of contact during the annual audit by providing supporting documentation as requested.
- Prepare and review ad hoc financial analysis, projects, system implementations, and special projects as assigned.
- Supervise and coach junior accounting staff to maximize their performance and development.
- Partner with other groups across the company such as Asset Management, Leasing, Construction, and Operations to complete tasks upon request by officers and investors.
- BS (or above) in Accounting.
- 2 to 8 years of fund accounting, consolidation, or public/private experience.
- Experience in the financial services and/or real estate industry.
- Experience with implementing investor level reporting systems.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Proficient in Yardi.
- Highly organized, concise, detailed, flexible, and efficient.
- Must have the ability to multi?task and reprioritize.
- Good listening skills and service oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to build positive and productive work relationships across multiple departments.
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree