Global Commodity Manager / Category Manager
|Erie, Pennsylvania - United States
$100,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Full Relo Package
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Global Commodity Leader (Category Manager) will be responsible to identify / drive proactive strategies for the Engineered Systems, Castings or Electronics team with a clear focus on sourcing metrics that span cost savings, supplier relationship management, spend covered by long-term agreements, dual source development, payment term improvements, low cost country spend migration, cross functional project management and service productivity.
This is for a Fortune 500 Global Heavy Industrial Manufacturing & Services company. Ideal candidates come from Automotive, Trucking, Locomotive, Aviation, Industrial, Heavy Equipment, Manufacturing or other Industrial Supply industries.
Relocation is provided to locations north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Erie, PA & DFW, TX areas.
The Global Commodity Leader will use experience/expertise to solve problems, develop / execute objectives, and achieve short-term and long-term business goals.
- Develop and execute long term, global strategies for assigned critical commodities with annual spend of approximately $50M spread across a global supply base.(Commodities assignments could include any of the following: raw materials, electrical components, MRO, etc)
- Create short- and long-term commodity strategies, follow the seven step strategic sourcing process, lead/influence cross functional team members
- Manage the standard processes on the commodity such as forecasting, standard setting, growth playbook creation, Session 2 & Internal Operating Plan.
- Establish processes and expectations with both internal and external customers on ownership and management
- Bachelor's degree (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Commodity Management or Global Supply Chain.
- Strong negotiation skills (dealing with contracts, finding new suppliers, dealing with capital issues)
- Cross functional communication experience as the liaison with Finance, Operations & Executive Leaders
- 5+ years of experience for global commodity sourcing, supplier management, and creative negotiation skills.
- Ideal Industries are heavy equipment, industrial, automotive
- Strong Sourcing, Purchasing or Engineering background
- Strong negotiations and supplier interaction skills; inclusive leadership and driver who take ownership on driving cross functional projects
- Proven analytical and organizational ability, with strong Excel skills
- Deep understanding of commodity-specific strategies, and demonstrated ability to effectively deploy them
- Ability to influence others… strong interpersonal and communication skills with positive persuasive attitude
- Demonstrated background of building collaborative relationships
- Clear thinker with ability to lead team level projects with high sensitivity towards maintaining timeline
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Ability to achieve balanced improvement across cost, quality and delivery metrics
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously, and lead initiatives requiring peer engagement & execution
- Effective working with cross functional teams such as engineering, NPI sourcing, quality, services, materials etc. to achieve timely project execution
- Ability to work with Global Supply Base
- Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality certification
- High customer centricity, responsiveness and a go-getter with a strong drive to achieve results
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree