HR Manager - West Region
|Portland, Oregon - United States
$120,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Excellent opportunity for a Regional HR Manager preferably based out of Portland, OR near a 200 employee union plant OR remote in California or Washington state. Overall responsible for approximately 600 employees in the west region for manufacturing, distribution centers and branches up and down the coast.
- California Labor Law
- Sat 1st or 2nd Chair at union negotiations
- CPG Manufacturing industry exp.
- Ability to travel 50%
The individual will provide expertise and advisory to regional business stakeholders on a wide range of employment services, including but not limited to business planning, employee relations, labor relations, compensation, staffing, performance management, and learning and development. Mitigate risk by keeping the organization compliant with federal, state and local labor laws and regulations. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to Multiple Regional Branches, Manufacturing, and Distribution Centers. The role is critical in executing people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Serve as primary point person and consultant for all Human Resources matters for assigned region(s).
- Proactively partner with regional management to improve the key "people" outcomes and act as a key advisor to functional and line management in all areas of human resource management.
- Drives performance by aligning to strategic business objectives, competitive landscape, current and potential future business challenges.
- The ability to recommend new approaches, policies, and best practices to effect continual improvements in development of HR within the company.
- Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention, and reward programs and initiatives.
- Act as regional spokesperson and liaison with the Union locals for all labor relations issues and partner with operations management to address employee concerns.
- Conduct and resolve all regional Union grievances with Union locals.
- Partner with legal counsel and communicate new state or local labor requirements and ensure compliance. (OSHA, FDA, etc.)
- Strong solution focus, strong delivery along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Implement strategic organizational change to increase productivity and employee satisfaction.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Proven ability to remain flexible and articulate clear communication.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
- Coaching and mentoring at the leadership level.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources, required. Masters preferred.
- Human Resources certification (SPHR/PHR or SHRM-CP/SCP) preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of broad HR generalist experience, including employee coaching and counseling, comp/benefits, union relations, union-free operations, recruitment, performance and talent management.
- Required: 5 years of Labor Relations both Union/Nonunion, regional EEO, DOL and employment law preferred.
- Required: experience in Manufacturing & Distribution Environments.
- Required: knowledge of food safety and regulatory responsibilities, knowledge of Food Safety Code and/or GFSI.
- Required: expertise state and federal employment laws specific to Pacific Northwest and Southwest, specifically California law.
- Expertise supporting Hourly and Exempt Client Groups.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required as well as the ability to conduct a high level of professionalism especially when dealing with sensitive issues or problems.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50%.
- Portland is preferred location. Will consider locations within CA and Washington secondary.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree