Head of Commercial - Animal Health
|Sydney, New South Wales - Australia
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Head of Commercial is the primary contact and influence point for our sales, service, customer service teams and our customers for the business unit. The Head of Commercial represents the customer sales and service offer for our total business and manages the implementation and presentation of this to current and potential customers. A key focus is continuing the improvement projects and initiatives currently underway and bring them to commercial reality. The function is also responsible for ensuring the total offer is presented in an effective and successful way to ensure customer retention, but to also aggressively target new business opportunities with individual clinics and significant key accounts through the key accounts team.
Responsible for driving profitable sales growth for the business unit, the key priorities of this role are to increase market share of the business in the relevant market segments. This will be done through supporting the sales and operations group in leveraging the total offer and ensuring that all stakeholders and direct reports are highly engaged, motivated and successfully assisting in delivering against role objectives.
One core responsibility is the oversight and management of the total the business to ensure business profitability in collaboration with key stakeholders and shared business services.
Financial Analysis and Strategic Planning
- Develop, execute and regularly review business unit plans that are aligned with national and global strategic plans
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales revenue in consultation with finance
- Monitor and develop pricing schedules and rates; ensuring that pricing is accurate against negotiated pricing structures and proactively maintained to avoid duplicates, errors and margin erosion
- Track, collate, monitor and interpret sales data; identifying sales opportunities through market research, competitor and customer analysis and monitoring data against sales targets
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and forecasts to leadership teams as required
- Track and manage P&L reporting and business activities to drive maximum returns including inventory management and freight costs
- Drive the ROI on the service department
Sales and Customer Service
- Drives sales and service growth with current and prospective customers, assisting with the development of sales presentations and proposals as required
- Increases market share of core business by winning customer preference and expanding portfolio
- Targets continual new customer acquisition whilst minimising account losses
- Investigates lost sales/quotes and customer accounts; working alongside cross-functional business units to ensure a continuous improvement approach to the customer experience
- Drive market strategy for the business and align with the marketing team to support the implementation of marketing programs and specific category activities in line with strategic objectives
- Positively represent the organisation at trade meetings and industry conventions
- Drive new product sourcing opportunities with procurement function including private label opportunities.
- Actively role-model Company values and health practices; encouraging a shared culture across both elements throughout the team.
- Source, recruit and onboard new team members, ensuring a supported and performance orientated probationary period
- Regularly assess team members performance, settings objectives and establishing active development plans that ensure that team members have the necessary resources, training and capability to deliver high quality work
- Actively engage and participate in organizational performance management and performance and talent review processes
- Drive project plans and improvement initiatives and engage stakeholders and matrix functions to achieve desired outcomes
- Drive team engagement and motivation through solid communication and meeting platforms to ensure agile decision making and responses to team and customer needs
- Qualifications in Business, Engineering or Science would be an advantage
- Minimum of five years previous experience within a national sales/business unit leadership position
- Proven track record of demonstrating sales growth through the implementation of successful sales and marketing plans, customer capture or transformation
- Strong understanding of the animal health industry; including trends, customer trends, products and services
- Superior analytical skills coupled with the ability to interpret and meaningfully present data
- Experience utilizing Salesforce advantageous
- Change management and transformation experience
- Ability to demonstrate influencing skills across, up and down the business structure
- Experience in a technical sales and service environment advantageous
- Strong commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data and assimilate relevant data into recommendations and decisions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders, overcome objections and reach consensus
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage time and priorities
- A hands-on, participative, leadership style that encourages creative problem solving.
- Superior communication skills — written, oral, and presentation
- Managerial agility and the ability to manage across a matrix organisation
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree