|Title:||Health and Safety Manager|
|Job Location:||Huntingdon, Tennessee - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
This company is a global leader in aluminum engineering, manufacturing, and innovation. Relaxed yet professional culture. Health and safety of the employees are the TOP priority! Great Job, great Benefits!
And Tennessee is a TAX FREE state income state!!!
The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring Health and Safety compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
• Provide strategic leadership and work with management to identify H&S issues, recommendations, and opportunities to foster continuous improvement of our H&S performance.
• Lead and provide expert hands-on technical involvement on issues, programs, and processes to ensure compliance with H&S standards, policies, and interpretation of Federal, State, and local regulations.
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects with various deadlines and objectives.
• Prepare, submit and maintain required reporting, records, logs and inspections documentation associated with H&S compliance.
• Perform compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliancewith applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
• Manage interactions and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, outside support teams, consulting groups, and regulatory agencies.
• Participate in management staff meetings and other relevant in-house and outside meetings and seminars.
• Schedule, conduct and document H&S orientation and annual training for employees.
• Facilitate accident investigations, by ensuring all accident/incidents and serious near misses are fully investigated and produced detailed reports with identified root causes and measures required to mitigateor control the hazards.
• Organize, and facilitate monthly employee safety committee meetings.
• Evaluate and engage in projects that will reduce overall risk and assists in implementation of improvements.
• Manage workers compensations for site; includes handling confidential information with great sensitivity.
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or related field.
• Minimum of 10 experience in a manufacturing environment
• Environmental knowledge is a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency in software applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
• Ability to understand and apply relevant H&S standards and regulations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in explaining technical and/or regulatory issues and concerns to a varied audience.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree