This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Home Health Director - RN|
|Job Location:||Sacramento, California - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Assume primary responsibility for clinical services provided by the Agency. Direct, coordinate and supervise all clinical functions. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations as they apply to the provision of home visits to patients. Assure compliance with Agency Policy and Procedures. Monitor job performance and completion of evaluations and counseling of clinical staff.
The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations. * Essential Job Function
1. The Director of Patient Care Services shall demonstrate sufficient background knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making for the patient population of the home health agency to meet the needs of his or her patients, and to contribute to Quality Management review and evaluation. Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care primarily to the geriatric population, and to a lesser degree, the adult population.
2. Demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written skills.
4. Demonstrate organizational and leadership skills.
5. Assure compliance with company policy and all federal, state, and local regulatory bodies. *
6. Supervise all clinical activities and staff related to nursing.
7. Assist with recruiting, hiring, orienting and ongoing in-service education of all nursing staff.
8. Remain informed of home health regulations and standards as well as management issues.
9. Accountable for all clinical issues. *
10. Provide guidance and support for supervisory, field and office staff.
11. Conduct employee performance evaluations. Assists with development of new job standards as needed.
12. Counsel staff appropriately and in a timely manner concerning areas of deficiency as well as areas of excellence and quality improvement.
13. Ensure coordination of care by all disciplines. *
14. Assure that a reassessment of a client’s needs is performed by the appropriate health care professional (i.e. when there is a significant health status change in the client’s condition at the physician’s request or after hospital discharge).
15. Ensure compliance with The Conditions of Participation. *
16. Participate in review, analysis and appraisal of the effectiveness of the total agency program. *
17. Participate in short and long range planning for the agency and implement specific measures for agency growth. Increase market share through education of physicians and other community and referral sources.
18. Participate in the evaluation of agency programs.
19. Participate in state, local and national organizations, meetings, seminars, workshops and activities relating to the home health profession and health care services.
20. Work with other agencies and promote good community relations through involvement in community events.
21. Assure service satisfaction through client visits and other measures, as appropriate. Investigate and resolve agency complaints related to nursing or other department if required.
22. Ensure care delivery meets the needs of the patients and follows professional practice standards.
23. Develop, implement, review and revise policies and procedures to guide care delivery. *
24. Monitor compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local laws, Professional Standards and principals, established policies and procedures and the plan of care.
1. A registered nurse with a baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing or other health related field with three years of experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity; or
2. A registered nurse with four years’ experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an
employee to perform to the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree