This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
Human Resources Generalist
|Elyria, Ohio - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Very hands on
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Stand alone location so corporate office is right there, decisions made locally
- Lots of growth underway!!
The Human Resources Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department and provide administrative support to the HR Director.
- HR Policies/Procedures: Administer human resources plans and procedures for location personnel; assist Director in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Communications: Coordinate employee communications to promote employee understanding of programs, policies, and objectives.
- Employee Relations: Counsel supervisory personnel on employee relation matters, including employee discipline, and resolution.
- Recruitment & Selection: Support hiring managers in the staffing, sourcing and selection process
- Engagement: Organize employee engagement activities.
- Employee Onboarding: Create and distribute new hire/temp/insurance packets and conduct new hire orientations
- Benefits: Perform benefits administration activities
- Record Keeping: Establish and maintain adequate personnel records for past and present employees.
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field (preferred)
- 2-4 years’ experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- PHR / SHPR or equivalent certifications (preferred)
Must be proficient in:
- Email – Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Independently identifies and resolves problems. Seeks advice when appropriate.
- Gathers and analyzes data skillfully
- Prioritizes and plans work efficiently
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, competing demands, and remains flexible with changes, delays and unexpected events.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and professionalism.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree