IS Infrastructure Supervisor
|Windsor, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Join a growing organization that takes pride in their work and invests in their employees.
This position offers a competitive compensation package, pension plan, benefits package, and continuing education allowance.
This position is located in WIndsor, ON.
The IS Infrastructure Supervisor leads a dynamic team of staff in the implementation and renewal of World Class infrastructure supporting networks, servers, applications infrastructure and e-security technologies, in both the on premises and cloud environments. The IS Infrastructure Supervisor is responsible for review, implementation and monitoring of key Infrastructure projects involving the Department to support innovation scalable across facilities in Canada, the USA and Mexico. The Supervisor is a key enabler of advanced IS related project implementations.
- IS Infrastructure team leadership coordination and support
- Review and assist in preparation of budgets related to e-infrastructure to support proactive capacity planning, including telecommunication carrier data, voice and Internet services
- Project implementations and review of project activities including strengths, weaknesses and opportunities as it relates to a World Class IS infrastructure implementation and proactive support
- Schedule, review, approve and report upon requirements and needs of infrastructure staff, services, scheduling, vacation times, on-call times and resource utilizations
- Validate or audit system integrity/availability of resources including e-resources to support 24/7 production necessary to fulfill customer and industry best practices
- Assist in change management
- Oversee installation of new/rebuild of physical or virtual servers, switches/routing, and the configuring of IT hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and requirements
- Develop project reporting profiles that include progress and costs
- Ensure that data center environmental and e-security monitoring equipment and services are supported
- Develop and implement operations policies and work instructions in IS infrastructure to support innovative advancement of technology
- Prescribe the decommissioning and/or appropriate deconstruction of technology resources and/or data in accordance with industry standard practices
- Ensure that staff enables daily backup routines, file server systems, configurations and/or data to support recovery incident reporting
- Provide Tier III support to assist in the determination and elimination of root causes attributed to projects, infrastructure or services that involve IS infrastructure
Education and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a computer related discipline
- Specialized training in project management involving e-infrastructure based projects is a benefit
- Supervisory experience in a computer related or technology business systems environment with 5+ years of hands on experience with one or more infrastructure disciplines including network/telecom, servers, database, or security
- Ability to plan, manage and report on large scale projects
- Strong problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems, analyze information and develop solutions
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent customer service to respond promptly to employee, customer and supplier needs and meet commitments
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to work well with others
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment and able to manage competing demands and frequent changes
- Sound judgement to be able to make appropriate decisions
- Ability to prioritize plans and work activities effectively
- Computer system skills using e-tools (ie – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project)
- Information system expertise and knowledge of e-security best practices at the infrastructure level
- Foundational knowledge of Dell hardware, Hyper-V, VMware ESX, vCenter, Windows Servers and Cisco switching/routing environments
- Exposure to Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and IP routing protocols
- Background in continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when needed
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree