IT Manager (Restaurant/Hotel Systems)
|Hollywood, Florida - United States
$100,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|10% Bonus Structure
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Title: IT Manager (Restaurant/Hotel Systems)
The Manager, Restaurant Systems works to support the vision and execution of the Restaurant technology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to partnering with the business leadership in implementing the technology roadmap, participating in openings/development, creation/ support of systems lab, designing/communicating technology standards, and being liaison with Operations and vendors. Furthermore, this individual is responsible for working with vendors on the support and maintenance of the designated environment within the organization. The Manager, Restaurant Systems will support the technical service, training, communication, and documentation of Restaurant Systems in the environment.
- Support the delivery of the Restaurant technology vision remains consistent with Restaurant products being delivered.
- Effectively support the day-to-day operation of the Restaurant Technology.
- Support the Restaurant Systems lab so that it meets the needs of the team.
- Maintain effective partnerships across the organization, and be able to influence management, peers and project staff through an inclusive style, leadership ability.
- Manage assigned projects within reasonable timeframes and budgets.
- Act as escalation point for vendor relationships and issues.
- Participate in property compliance standards.
- Become well versed in emerging technologies for appropriateness to the organization.
- Recommend solutions that make sense and are in line with future technology and company direction.
- Continually seek ways to leverage technology to improve organizational efficiencies.
- Set appropriate goals for projects, monitoring progress and adjusting priorities as appropriate.
- Proactively research and locate necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop.
- Responds in a timely and efficient manner to help desk issues and change requests.
- Work with IT management and property owners to ensure adequate software and hardware support contracts are in place.
- Understand, give input to the budget process, and be responsible for cost-effective expense control of assigned projects.
- Comply with the IT Standards and overall Policies and Procedures.
- Communicate regularly with Sr. Director, Retail and Restaurant Technology on overall health of Restaurant Technology area.
- Effective project and time management skills.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
- Promotes active listening with team members and end users.
- Know, understand, and practice the Values.
- Continue to maintain a positive attitude when working with both members of IT and outside departments.
- Work as a team, helping management and peers deliver high quality customer service.
- Understanding the Business- Business Acumen; Functional/Technical Skills; Technical Learning; Customer Focus
- Getting Work Done through Others – Collaborating with Others
- Making Complex Decisions – Decision Quality; Intellectual Horsepower; Learning on the Fly; Problem Solving
- Creating New and Different – Strategic Agility; Perseverance
- Getting Work Done through Others – Directing Others
- Managing Diverse Relationships – Managerial Courage
- Getting Organized – Planning; Time Management; Priority Setting; Action Oriented
- Managing Work Processes – Process Management
- Communicating Effectively – Written Communications
- Act with Honor and Character – Integrity & Trust
- Being Open and Receptive – Composure; Listening; Patience
- Inspiring Others – Negotiating; Building Effective Teams
- University degree in Computer Science or Business Administration required; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- 7+ years of successful IT management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Restaurant technology, international experience preferred.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mentoring skills for teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to motivate team members to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems.
- Willingness to travel as deemed necessary by the requirements of the position.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Excellent technical knowledge of restaurant technology and how systems integrate with multiple environments and other systems.
- Experienced with Restaurant Systems, including but not limited to sales and catering, inventory systems, labor scheduling, seating systems.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required.
- Ability to move throughout the office (standing, walking, kneeling, and bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Ability to obtain impressions through the eyes.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.