|Title:||IT Production Support|
|Job Location:||Markham, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||$55,000.00 - $70,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
IT Production Support
IT Production Support
IT Production Support’s job is to address and drive resolution of IT related issues that are affecting the ability of Production to execute orders in accordance with current specifications and requirements.
· Use HelpDesk system to receive all tickets and work them to resolution.
· Update HelpDesk system with work in progress information for tickets that are not resolved same day to ensure feedback to ticket stakeholders on ticket progress and provide an audit trail of activity for each ticket.
· Where possible, address tickets directly – without involving additional resources. When additional resources (developers, etc) are required to assist in resolution, make effective use of those resources consist with Production Support objectives.
· For issues with long term solutions, add the follow up actions to the Production Support Defect log and follow the issue through to resolution based on expected actions in the Defect log. Complete the log accurately and effectively to support internal or third party issue reviews / audits.
· Ensure that solutions address tickets.
· Attend the daily Production Status review meeting for issue updates.
· Ensure that all issues are opened in the ticketing system for tracking and reporting.
· When appropriate, determine cause of failure and why QA steps failed to prevent the implementation of faulty applications
· For invalid tickets, provide feedback as to the correct course of action that should be taken.
· Close tickets upon resolution with the required information for ticket review and analysis.
· Resolve tickets quickly and keep HelpDesk ticket status up to date. Seek to address all tickets the day they are opened. Maintain an average ticket resolution time of one business day.
· Perform NCR analysis. Provide NCR feedback and written responses. Do so within the NCR SLA of five business days.
· Provide recommendations on improvements that have the potential to reduce Production Support incidents.
· Maintain the Job Status board including investigating, resolving and closing issues on the Job Status board as appropriate.
· Monitor CAMS and CDP reports and alerts to ensure these jobs are completing correctly. Action any issues that are not succesfully executed.
· Manage Production job re-processing requests in accordance with the required GDSCI procedures.
· On an ongoing basis,develop and maintain support knowledge of all key production processes supported.
· Act as the key contact between Production and IT for any IT related Production issues, queries or tickets.
· Follow all clients production support guidelines and processes. Escalate exceptions to the Manager, IT Quality for approval when required.
· Ensure that the Manager, IT Quality is informed daily on any Customer impacting production issues / tickets.
· For significant client or Production impacts, ensure that the VP, IT is aware of the issue / ticket.
Comply with our clients Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Educational Requirements
· Must have 5 years or more of experience with IT Support
· Must have a working understand of our clients IT and Production technology, methodology and procedures.
· Must understand and be able to work with ASCII files, binary data
· Preferably has working knowledge of our clients IT systems (CDP, Dialogue, InfoPrint,etc).
· Requires a proven track record of taking ownership of tasks and aggressively working them to resolution.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong technical and process analytical skills.
A multi-tasking, fast paced, highly dynamic, deadline driven environment.
· Must be able to work on a computer for extensive periods.
· Must travel between Production and IT many times each day to complete investigation and resolution steps.