IT Support - Level 3 Network Engineer
|Ryde, New South Wales - Australia
$90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - Australian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- $90K - $110K + Super + Get paid to attain certifications
- Strong growth and professional development
Located in the Macquarie Park area, a well-established and highly regarded company that specialises in providing networking infrastructure and support is looking to grow their small and close-knit team.
This role will be mostly office based with a small percentage of time being spent on-site and this position will require occasional weekend work (maybe once per quarter). The office facility is modern and offers parking, that's right, PARKING AVAILABLE.
The team is friendly, they provide lunch, offer regular training that is incentivised (you receive a monetary bonus for completing particular certifications) and there is great potential for growing your career here. The company is understanding of family commitments and there is flexibility surrounding start/finish times for the right candidate too. They are also known for “Staff Conferences” where they take all staff and families away on trips.
Having recently secured a high-profile account with a prestigious Educational institution, this premium level Managed Service Provider needs an experienced, hands on Level 3 Network Engineer/Team Lead to ensure the highest levels of service are provided.
You will be working with HPE/Aruba hardware so your previous experience with these products is preferred. Most of the work can be done remotely from the office but you will be out on site 1-2 days per week as the face of the company and excellent communication skills are a must. On the rare occasion that out-of-hours work is required, any time on-call will attract penalty rates to compensate.
You will have a supporting Engineer to help manage this account and will also have the backing and support of the Senior Architects if escalation is required. You are expected to be able to jump in and help out if the Engineer's unavailable so a hands-on, can-do attitude is needed.
Your responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Level 3 networking support and assisting Senior Engineers/Architects with support and escalating when the need arises
- Helping implement major projects and infrastructure for the high-profile account and ensure Service Levels are maintained and exceeded
- Providing phone and email support to end-users / customers
- Track and monitor support the Engineer’s work with ServiceNow manage tickets to make sure resolutions are timely
- Staging, racking and stacking
As the right candidate, you will have:
- Previous experience in supporting large network infrastructure
- Strong experience in LAN, WAN, Wireless
- Past experience using Aruba or Cisco technologies is essential
- Virtualisation experience with VMware and Hyper-V
- Vendor certifications in HPE, Aruba, Cisco viewed very favourably
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong passion and desire to learn
- Current NSW driver’s license and vehicle
- Valid visa with a right to work and remain in Australia
- A passion for improving yourself and your service
This is a great opportunity for you to step up to a Team Lead/Manager position or if you are looking to take the reins of a prestigious client. The company has a proud history of looking after its staff very well and they are a fantastic group of people to deal with.
If this sounds like you or someone you know please call Ross Chandler on 0422 297 274 or email email@example.com
- Leading of the IT Service Delivery Team, including responsibility for service desk and minor customer projects
- 3rd level help desk support and leading the support team
- Help implementing customer projects and changes
- Work closely with external customers in service-related issues
- Ticket management, triage and escalation management via ServiceNow
- Work within external customers support teams and manage resources to provide timely resolutions within SLA’s
- Onsite support to external customers across Sydney, and on rare occasions, across NSW
- develop and manage key Service Level Agreements with key suppliers / Clients
- Identify KPls and key services and create a mechanism for reporting on a monthly basis
- Effectively monitor, control and support service delivery, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are followed
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Attend service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Implement and facilitate workshops and training courses with reference to service delivery
- To provide reports to an agreed schedule (or on request), including network capacity management and service desk performance reports.
The successful candidate must be a permanent Australian resident, have a driver’s license and will possess some or all of the following:
- Experience and skills in implementing and supporting the below-mentioned vendor’s
- One or more vendor certifications (preferably for the below-mentioned vendors)
- preferred Experience with Aruba Networking Technology such as Aruba Switch and WLAN solutions, Aruba ClearPass, Aruba Airwave
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience providing telephonic support to clients
- Strong general knowledge of networking and wireless technologies
- Knowledge of Layer 4- 7 protocols
- Experience in troubleshooting network and upper layer problems
- Experience in professional services or IT consultancy
- Experience with help desk support
- Proficient in LAN / WAN
- Proficient in Wireless Technologies
- Proficient in Layer 3 Technologies
The Candidate possessing one or more of the following certifications would be highly regarded in the application process:
- Cisco CCNP – Routing and Switching
- Cisco CCNP – Datacentre
- Cisco CCNP – Wireless
- Aruba Certified Switching Professional (ACSP)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP)
- Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional (ACCP)
- Aruba Certified Design Professional (ACCP)
- Cisco CCNA Security
- Cisco CCDA
- Cisco CCNP – Security
- Palo Alto - Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) or better
- Palo Alto PSE: Foundation
- Working with Children Check (WWCC) Number