|Title:||InPatient Medical Coding Supervisor|
|Job Location:||Miami, Florida - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
Will offer $5,000 for relocation
Inpatient Mdical Coding Supervisor - Brand New Position. - Major facility in Miami, Fl.
Must have Inpatient Coding experience in a hospital environment.
Certified Coding Specialist required. ( CCS )
Registered Helath Informartion Technician ( RHIT) is a PLUS.
Job Description Summary:
Supervises the conversion of diagnoses and treatment procedures into codes using an international classification of diseases. Performs all of the normal supervisory responsibilities of hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating employees. Performs other department functions as assigned. Serves as Co-Acting Director of the Health Information Management Department in the absence of the Director.
Essential Job Functions Section
- Hires staff members for any openings within the Coding Area of the HIM Department.
- Performs 90-day and annual evaluations on staff under their supervision.
- Trains, orients, and in-services all new employees on departmental processes.
- Oversees the reading and interpretation of health record documentation in order to identify all diagnoses and procedures that affect the current inpatient stay/outpatient encounter visit.
- Assesses the adequacy of health record documentation to ensure that it supports all diagnoses and procedures to which codes are assigned.
- Oversees the usage of current approved ICD-10 coding guidelines needed to assign and sequence the correct diagnoses and procedure codes for hospital inpatient services.
- Oversees the usage of current approved CPT codes, guidelines, and notes needed to locate the correct codes for all services and procedures performed during the encounter/visit and sequence them correctly.
- Codes and sequences diagnoses and procedures as needed in the absence of the Coding Staff.
- Must deal with a wide variety of personalities in a professional and tactful manner.
- Responsible for proper use of the 3M Coding software. Follow-up on all updates to software, when warranted.
- Regularly communicates with the Director of the Health Information Management Department regarding any problems, issues, or concerns regarding the Coding Area.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient-related information.
- Displays a willingness to support the policies and procedures of Hospital and the HIM Department.
- Oversees the application of the Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set definitions to select the principal diagnoses, principal procedure, complications, comorbid conditions, other diagnoses, and significant procedures which require coding.
- Ensures the appropriate selection of the principal diagnosis for episodes of care in which determination of principal diagnosis is not clear because the patient has multiple problems.
- Oversees the appropriate usage of the Prospective Payment System (PPS) to confirm DRG assignment.
- Refuses to fraudulently maximize reimbursement by assigning codes or
overseeing the assignment of codes that do not conform to approved coding
- Maintains a good working relationship with staff, other departments, and Medical
- Serves as a role model for all coworkers by setting an example of high standards
in dress, conduct, cooperation, and job performance.
- Performs other related tasks as may be necessary for the effectiveness and
efficient function of the Health Information Management Department.
? Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) required
? Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred
? Minimum of 3 years of previous hospital experience in all aspects of the medical
record coding function required
? Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience required
? Inpatient Coding experience is required