|Mableton, Georgia - United States
$70,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an Industrial Engineer to manage and lead large-scale projects and initiatives across all phases of implementation including solution design, financial analysis, business case development, project planning, milestone definition, stakeholder communication, and implementation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and leads large-scale projects and initiatives across all phases of implementation including solution design, financial analysis, business case development, project planning, milestone definition, stakeholder communication, and implementation.
- Provides project management support and leadership to other field industrial engineers on capital projects.
- Provides strategic direction and evaluation on logistics and distribution issues to network.
- Works cross-functionally to identify and implement logistics process improvements throughout the network to ensure most effective and efficient logistics processes.
- Identifies and implements new logistics tools, technology/equipment, strategies, and process within our network that ensures optimal order filling, receiving, and shipping practices.
- Conducts cross-functional meetings at all levels within the company, including senior management, in support of engineering initiatives.
- Develops and documents “Standard Cost Data” for use in cost analysis to evaluate financial feasibility of potential projects.
- Leads cross-functional teams to identify and implement most effective and efficient logistics process improvements while mitigating risk to associates and operations.
- Presents engineering initiatives to senior management to gain functional and budgetary approvals.
- In depth understanding and working knowledge of material handling equipment.
- Develops and manages capital budget each fiscal year for assigned CFCs.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan, prioritize, and accomplish goals.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Drives the Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of company vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as require
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience in a distribution environment is required.
- Experience in multi-million dollar material handling projects with successful full cycle project management required.
- Experience in preventative maintenance programs for material handling systems and equipment is required.
- Extensive experience in developing and justifying capital budgets for logistics networks required.
- Knowledge of conveyor control systems required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Project, Visio, AutoCAD, and Access is required.
- Excellent data manipulation skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are also required.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management of multi-million dollar capital projects required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree