Industrial Sales Account Manager
|Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States
$80,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Reporting to the VP Sales, Marketing and Engineering, this position will be a key in the development, implementation and establishment of sales and marketing strategies for North American off-highway and heavy truck markets. This position will have full account management and will work closely with purchasing, engineering design, R&D and manufacturing. A key focus will be in the area of establishing new relationships in the US, profitability management, customer strategy and managing problem resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the product line offering to include pricing, profitability, inventory control, existing product rationalization, negotiating supply agreements, new product viability and product specification maintenance.
- Effectively balance a “hands on” presence with key customers (current and prospective) to build intimate customer relationships with the diverse and demanding strategic components of driving this business.
- Interact with the research and development, engineering and manufacturing functions to coordinate any activities necessary for superior customer satisfaction. Define improved product concepts, new product needs and sales opportunities. Assume a leadership role in providing “voice of the customer” definition for future market opportunities.
- Recommend pricing policies and strategies, develop and prepare marketing and sales budgets within respective area, and perform monthly sales forecast. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports indicating marketing activities, sales volume and swings, potential liabilities, prospective clients and other measures of sales and marketing performance.
- Establish marketing and sales development priorities; assess their respective opportunities with appropriate research to contribute to the development of domestic and international planning and strategy.
- Identify, organize, and communicate competitor activities and innovative developments with the intent of recommending strategic options to maximize long term profitability and stability of the business.
- Prepare sales presentations and proposals that explain product specifications and applications.
- Attend and participate in sales and trade show conferences in order to obtain information about market conditions, business trends and industry developments while promoting Lydall products and service solutions.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and assist in the yearly business plan.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering, Marketing or Business discipline
- 3-5 years of professional sales experience in industrial manufactured goods and services with national territory as well as direct OEM customer management experience. Industry experience should include expertise in the selling of automotive products to major OEMs; Tier One and Tier Two level suppliers. Also, background in the industrial market (heavy truck and heavy equipment customers).
- Strong technical experience and good product knowledge
- Ability to use a variety of advanced software applications (MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints with a minimum amount of structure and direction
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills, both written and oral
- Articulate, well organized and self motivated
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience in thermal and acoustics utilizing non-woven fibers is desired
- Project Management Training
- MBA preferred
- Experience managing distributors is desired
University - Master's Degree