This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Infra Technical Specialist (18-861053)|
|Job Location:||Des Moines, Iowa - United States|
|Salary:||$40.00 - $45.00 - US Dollars - Hourly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
This is a great opportunity for a long-term engagement. The Infra Technical Specialist will primarily be responsible for sharing information regarding IT Infrastructure and architecture and will act as an expert in a specific product or program. The emphasis will be on storage management and they are looking for someone that can be responsible for the whole system - this Infra Technical Specialist will not be moving from one platform to another.
Responsibilities for the Infra Technical Specialist will include:
• Perform configuration management, problem-solving, and monitoring of the enterprise data storage systems.
• Collaborate with other IT personnel on technology and support design and issues.
• Configure and manage DR replication to ensure the ability to recover systems during outage events rapidly.
• Monitor the health and utilization of systems as well as create and provide health and performance reporting along with necessary actions as to next steps.
Qualifications for the Infra Technical Specialist:
- 4 years of experience with hands-on troubleshooting and configuration of IBM storage at an enterprise level
- 2-4 years of experience working with IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) and IBM V7000
- 4 years experience with IBM mainframe storage and virtual tape management
- 4 years of experience with SAN administration
- IBM Spectrum Protect or Tivoli Storage Manager is a plus
- NetApp Data On Tap is also a desired skill
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree