Instrument Maintenance Reliability Engineer
|Alvin, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
|12 % Bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location Houston Texas, High Profile Fortune 500 Corporation, State of the Chemical Process
The Instrument Maintenance Reliability Engineer is responsible for the specifications, design, and reliability of the instrumentation systems for all plant operations. The instrumentation systems at the site include field equipment, communication links and associated control devices in local and remote locations. The individual will be responsible for developing reliability strategies along with providing technical guidance for supporting the continuous improvements of instrumentation systems.
- Improve the reliability of instrumentation systems that impact site safety and production targets.
- Serve as site subject matter expert for instrumentation engineering.
- Develop and improve asset care strategies that will improve MTBF, lower maintenance cost and increase on-stream reliability.
- Supports the development of obsolescence and Long-Range Plans, which includes identification of Bad Actor equipment and development of mitigation plans.
- Develop maintenance and reliability work scope for plant turnarounds to meet site objectives.
- Encourage and promote a culture that is proactive and personifies innovative ways of solving problems driven by business profitability and bottom line results.
- As a site subject matter expert, this position will partner with SME’s across the company to establish and champion long- term strategies for Maintenance and Reliability improvements.
- Provide oversight and expertise of control voltage equipment and instrumentation related to process safety, electrical safety compliance to NFPA 70E, and I&E mechanical Integrity/reliability.
- Provide recommendations and justification for equipment upgrades and input to the plant capital plan.
- Develop and review selected instrumentation work scopes for turn-around and equipment outages.
- Audit regulatory mandated systems and maintenance work, such as protective instrument calibration and safety instrumented system functional validations.
- Provide failure analysis on instrumentation and develop corrective actions. Assist maintenance with high level of troubleshooting as required.
- Technical reviewer of Management of Change for instrument/electrical aspects. Review site compliance with all applicable codes and regulations by auditing site practices/procedures and implementing corrections and improvements.
- Manage and drive the plant instrument mechanical integrity program. Insure compliance to corporate instrumentation and process safety standard work practices.
- Develop predictive/preventative maintenance guidelines/programs to meet site requirements. Utilize SAP to manage the predictive / preventative maintenance system.
- Ensure compliance with technical engineering design standards and specification for reconditioning or altering of existing systems and equipment.
- Lead and participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Focal point to maintain site Data Management Systems for instrumentation specifications, calibrations, validations and reliability tools.
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in instrumentation maintenance reliability in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of process measurement instrumentation such as flow, pressure, temperature, level, and wireless technology, along with a strong understanding of control and on/off valve applications.
- Reviewing and approving instrument specifications, drawings and other documentation such as job plans, recommendations, capital project scope and MOC actions.
- Development and implementation of maintenance reliability programs and procedures.
- Experience in Safety Instrumented Systems, IEC61511 is a plus.
- Working knowledge of instrument equipment application and installation standards.
- Strong understanding and experience with maintenance and reliability work processes.
- Knowledge and experience with preventive and predictive maintenance practices
- Root Cause Analysis facilitation
- Working knowledge of PHA's and safety reviews, MOC, and Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Ability to multi-task, organize work, and meet timeline requirements.
- Strategic mindset, creative, flexible, detailed oriented, analytical, strong problem solver and self-starter.
- Candidate must have good technical writing and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Strong computer skills a must.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work in team based environment
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree