Instrument, Electrical, SIS Engineer
|Beaumont, Texas - United States
$120,000.00 - $145,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|10% bonus opportunity
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals. ... For nearly 50 years, and in more than 100 countries, our 10,000 associates have been using science and ingenuity to create innovations that play a critical part in the everyday lives of millions of people.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5 plus years of instrument experience in the petrochemical or reining industry OR Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field and 7 plus years of instrument and electrical experience in the petrochemical or reining industry.
- Instrument and Electrical Design
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong engineering, technology and business acumen to bring value to business team
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues and develop engineering solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
Responsible for implementing site wide initiatives. This role is critical to the Design Verification process in regards to process safety critical equipment and related activities.
- Lead the Design Verification process at PNO for this process safety critical equipment
- Complete Design Verification for instrumented/electrical process safety critical equipment directly
- Complete Design Verification of non-instrumented/electrical process safety critical equipment utilizing qualified persons and relevant discipline engineers
- Ensure all Design Verification documentation is complete
- Responsible for the PNO design verification procedure
- Engineering Support in the Instrument and Electrical (I&E) Engineering Discipline for IPLs
- Proficient in I&E Engineering
- Develop or review SIS Engineering Documentation such as: I&E Drawings, I&E Equipment Specifications, SIS Safety Requirements Specifications (SRS), Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Calculations, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Logic Narratives, PLC Logic, Cause and Effect Matrices
- Good knowledge of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and associated IPLs
- Awareness of importance of instrumented systems used as independent protection layers (IPLs)
- Participates in the Process Safety Engineering Team to effectively manage the Facility’s SIS safety life cycle phases
- Engineer support for revisions to existing IPLs utilizing the Management of Change (MOC) process
- Provide engineering support for IPL Testing
- Responsible to act as a project team member as required
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree