Instrumentation & Electrical Technicians
|New Orleans, Louisiana - United States
contact recruiter for details
Some relocation assistance may be provided to candidates from neighboring LA states
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
New Orleans, LA (Local Candidates Only, May consider candidates from nearby regions that will take some relocation assistance)
This is full time, hourly position which is eligible for over time and all benefits. Work schedule is M-F 7-3:30pm.
There are 8 positions in all!
The I/E Technician is responsible for providing maintenance support to the assigned production area and will be required to safely troubleshoot, repair, and/or replace faulty instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and preventive maintenance of electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Prefer experience with 4-20 ma instrumentation, 3 phase motors and controls, transformers, control panels, and wiring.
- Troubleshoot transformers, motors (low and medium voltage, 5kV), lighting, transmitters, valves, alarms, and other process control devices.
- Perform calibrations on all types of industrial pressure, level, flow, and temperature devices.
- Replace switches, relays, transmitters, sensing devices, motors, valves, and other faulty equipment.
- Must be proactive, have a strong sense of time management and pride in workmanship so they can act independently when necessary. Must possess strong troubleshooting skills and be a self starter in solving Instrumentation & Electrical issues.
- 5+ years of related experience in an industrial facility environment or an equivalent mix of education and experience necessary to obtain journeyman level knowledge.
- M2 level candidates must possess an associate degree in electrical engineering, instrumentation, electronics or similar field.
- Able to read and understand piping and instrument drawings, loop drawings, specification sheets, electrical schematics, and logic diagrams.
- Able to climb stairs (200 ft +) and ladders and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Capable of working in full personal protection equipment (PPE), air, respirator, suit, etc.
- Able to work overtime as needed and available for call out overtime.
- Capable of PLC Programming ++ Use electrical and electronic test equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or GED
High School/Secondary School