|Title:||Internal Audit Manager|
|Job Location:||Des Moines, Iowa - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Our client is Iowa's largest provider of K-12 education serving almost 33,000 students. DMPS is also one of the metro's largest employers, with 5,000 employees. It is the largest public school district in Iowa. It is accredited by the North Central Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges and the Iowa Department of Education.
As an Internal Audit Manager, you will be assisting the Superintendent and the Board of Directors (Board) in accomplishing their objectives by using a systematic, disciplined, and risk-based approach to evaluate and contribute to the improvement of the district’s governance, risk management, and control process. Supervises and directs the work of the Assistant Internal Auditor. Determines whether District resources are being used in an efficient manner and in compliance with applicable laws, policies, and procedures. Uses an internal quality review program to ensure that audit conclusions are properly supported by the audit work papers. Conducts appropriate follow up on significant engagement findings and recommendations previously issued by Internal Audit.
The DMPS Internal Audit Manager is a designated impartial, neutral, and confidential third party who assists faculty, staff, and administrators in informal dispute resolution through informal means, which includes consulting, negotiation, and mediation. The Internal Audit Manager promotes communication by providing a safe, confidential place for internal and external stakeholders to share concerns and listens without judgment. This position requires continuous use of independent judgment. The essential functions as shown below represent only the key areas of responsibility; specific position requirements will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field.
• Certified Public Accountant, or eligible to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)exam.
• Three years’ experience in auditing procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of professional standards, codes of ethics, procedures, and principles and techniques for informal inquiries.
• Strong mathematical and analytic skills.
• High level of proficiency with Excel, Outlook, and other computer software programs
• Competency working in a culturally diverse environment or the willingness to acquire these skills.
• Be an active member of professional dispute resolution association or be willing to join and participate in such associations.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles for governmental entities.
• Knowledge of school district business, budgetary. and financial practices and procedures.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree