This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Ion Beam R & D Physicist or Engineer|
|Job Location:||Toronto, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||bonus, benefits|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
US / Canada / Mexico
Our Toronto client is a leading edge company working in the optics space. They are currently seeking a Physicist or Engineer with an Ion Beam technology background (not nuclear). You will play a pivotal role in the R and D of new ion sources (plasma) and their application of to mass spectroscopy analysis of biomarkers.. You will be involved in product development and commercialization, handle invention disclosures and patent applications, and collaborate with internal and external scientists as needed.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with R & D on new plasma-based ion sources and ion optics interfaces related to mass spectroscopy and instrumentation used to analzye cell biomarkers.
- Optimize new plasma-based ion sources and ion optics interfaces related to mass cytometry.
- Automated single cell microfluidic system testing with variety of tissue sample formats.
- Data analysis, documentation, transfer of new knowledge into possible commercialization.
- Operate and troubleshoot company analytical equipment including Mass Spectrometer related equipment and other types of bioimagers.
- PhD/MS Physics or engineering including min 3 years of Ion Beam technology.
- Hands-on background in both experimental & theoretical parts of engineering physics e.g. plasma physics,
ion optics, and space charge limited ion beams (not a nuclear physics application).
- Able to apply this new knowledge to updating and improving analytical instrumentation
- May consider exceptional new grads.
University - PhD