Japan Sales Manager / Country Manager
|ﾄｳｷｮｳ, カントウ チホウ - Japan
$100,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This Sales Manager – Japan will fully manage the Japan market, this is a very exciting opportunity for an individual to make and impact, manage their schedule, work with autonomy under the guidance of the General Manager – Asia.
- Prepares a business plan for the region and market.
- Prepares a channel management strategy including new distributor opportunities.
- Create 3 – 5 business goals each quarter designed to achieve primary objective and exceed budget target.
- Wins and develops new end user business and supports distributors in line with the business plan.
- Maintains close contact with all customers and prospects on a monthly basis via letter, email, phone, or face to face/travel.
- Proposes all new distributors for approval by the General Manager – Asia.
- Travels with distributors’ sales people to pull sales through.
- Delivers product and application training to end users and distributors.
- Works cooperatively and collectively with the APAC team to execute the business plan and exceed budget targets.
- Maintains contact with all relevant personnel at the California location as appropriate and as directed.
- Provides a monthly sales forecast by region and by product to the Graphics Product Manager (PM).
- Coordinates all pricing exceptions, advertising and promotion efforts, through the Graphics PM.
- Maintains up to date records of all contact details and activities including all end user/distributor visits.
- Provides a monthly status report showing sales to budget and previous year. Update by region on trends, competition and key issues.
- Contributes to planning marketing programs including advertising, promotion, marketing, research and public relations.
- Contributes to new and existing product development with the APAC team and graphics product manager, including product improvement, line extensions and new products.
- Attends any training required by the company to develop the skillset in this position which may include training at other global locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oral and written skills in English plus fluent Japanese language skills required.
- A successful track record in winning new business is required.
- Technical aptitude to understand and promote the products and applications.
- The ability to train end users/distributors in the products and applications.
- A successful track record training, developing and supporting distributors (preferred).
- The presence and confidence to manage the regional business autonomously.
- Numeracy to understand the financials, set budgets and report effectively.
- Previous experience working with vinyl films and pressure sensitive adhesives highly desirable.
- Ability to assimilate and understand cultural business differences.
- Ability to analyze and develop business information including P & L, budgets, targets, forecasting, distributor terms and agreements, commission schemes etc.
- PC literacy in spreadsheets, word-processing and the Internet required.
- An understanding and working knowledge of project management techniques desirable.