Journeyman Electric Sign Installer
|Tyler, Texas - United States
$50,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Journeyman Electrical Sign Installer
Located in Tyler, TX, a regional educational and technology hub in northeast Texas
Relocation expenses covered up to $5000
Pay range based on experience is $25-30/hr.
- Vacation – one week per year for the first two years (with folks moving I will generally give one week up front that they can use to move). Accrual basis after 6 months, full week eligible every January 1st
- Matching IRA to 3%, eligible after 90 days
- Health and dental coverage for employee paid at 80% of premiums for employee and dependents, eligible 1st of the month after 30 days
- 7 paid holidays per year, eligible after 90 days
We fabricate, install, and service a wide variety of custom signage applications including Pylon Signs, Monument Signs, Wall Signs, Electronic Message Centers, Printed Graphics, Vehicle Wraps, Neon, and much more.
We are a growing company with deep roots in our community, looking for an experienced Sign Installer/Service Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have several years of install experience with pole signs, wall signs, channel letters, and EMC's.
This position is in Tyler, Texas, and includes a relocation package. Tired of big-city traffic and high cost of living? Does driving blacktop roads in smaller pine-tree filled towns of East Texas appeal to you? Do you have a great attitude, a strong work ethic, and are ready to grow with an established company?
Sign Installer responsibilities:
- Able to work cooperatively, effectively and efficiently both independent and in a crew environment.
- Able to read, analyze, and understand plans, specifications, schedules, work orders and blueprints.
- Able to plan travel routes efficiently based on work to complete.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Must possess the ability to problem solve and to make decisions considering costs, benefits and goals of the organization.
- Must possess critical thinking skills that include the logic and reasoning to identify working alternatives.
- Must possess the ability to convey information effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and procedures to promote effective local, state or federal safety regulations.
- Conduct tests and inspections of equipment, products and services to maintain company standards.
- Knowledge and proper use of raw materials, procedures and methods to manufacture and install signs in a cost controlled manner.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical lighting outages and communicate needed repairs with customers.
- Ability to operate crane trucks in a safe manner.
- Ability to perform hole digging operations safely.
- Current Class B or Class A Texas Commercial Driver’s License.
- Current Texas Electrical Sign License.
- Required: One or more years of installation experience.
- Preferred: Ten years of installation/fabrication experience in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Preferred: Crane certification.
- Channel letters, wall signs, pole signs installation: 1 year (Required)
- Outdoor stick welding: 1 year (Required)
- Class B CDL (Required)
- Electrical Sign Apprentice or higher (Required)