Jr. E&I Engineer
|Beaumont, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
prefers local candidates, will consider others but there is no relocation assistance for this position.
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have an exclusive agreement with our client to identify management and technical talent for their newly constructed and commissioned facility in the Beaumont, TX area.
Our client has recently constructed a world-class methanol production facility in the Beaumont, Texas area. Operating under a joint-venture, this plant will be one of the largest methanol production facilities based on nameplate capacity. Strategically located on the Texas Gulf Coast with access to excellent distribution and logistics infrastructure, and with the partnering of their JV infrastructure, our client is destined to succeed in the industry market.
The Junior E&I Engineer will be responsible for the research, design, development, and testing of the manufacturing and installation of electrical and instrumentation equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. Supports Operations and Maintenance in terms of Engineering support and guidance.
- Improve fixed equipment mechanical integrity and equipment reliability programs to ensure employee safety, environmental, code, corporate and site compliance while maximizing plant availability, quality and cost effectiveness.Provides input and assists on work prioritization of plant equipment repairs to meet site objectives and goals.
- Provide input regarding Mechanical Integrity from team for fixed, rotating, instrument, and electrical disciplines concerning plant PSM requirements.
- Provide technical support to Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Inspection, Process and Project personnel regarding selection, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and long-term reliability of plant equipment.
- Participate in equipment failure investigations to determine causal affects and make mitigation recommendations.
- Assist team effort for the continuous improvement of equipment reliability through the development and application of effective reliability strategies such as: risk-based maintenance strategies, identification & assessment of risks, root cause and bad actor analysis, and spare parts reviews.
- Assign small projects to lead from conception through completion.
- Participate in RCA/RCFA investigations on premature equipment failures as needed.
- Assist team equipment capabilities to partner with equipment vendors and repair shops to resolve technical issues or complex equipment repairs.
- Support the maintenance team to develop contact list and relationships for turnaround contractors and repair facilities.
- Provide input on Operation Procedures concerning proper startup and shutdown of equipment.
- Provide input on operation envelope (parameter) on equipment.
- Present a professional image at all times to agencies, clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Teamwork Orientation.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree