Jr. Process Engineer
|Beaumont, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
Prefers local candidates, will consider others but there is no relocation assistance for this position.
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have an exclusive agreement with our client to identify management and technical talent for their newly constructed and commissioned facility in the Beaumont, TX area.
Our client has recently constructed a world-class methanol production facility in the Beaumont, Texas area. Operating under a joint-venture, this plant will be one of the largest methanol production facilities based on nameplate capacity. Strategically located on the Texas Gulf Coast with access to excellent distribution and logistics infrastructure, and with the partnering of their JV infrastructure, our client is destined to succeed in the industry market.
The Junior Process Engineer is responsible for applying principles, knowledge and practices of process engineering for timely identification, analysis and resolution of process related issues to ensure safe, reliable and cost-efficient plant operations. Utilize current and new industry developments to improve plant performance and reliability, which includes initiating and developing plant improvement modifications/projects. Provides support to Operations and Maintenance in terms of guidance and project support.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate plant/process monitoring and optimization systems.
- Provide process engineering assistance/support to the Operations Team as required.
- Provide evaluations on assigned and self-initiated tasks (identifying, analyzing and recommending actions to address abnormal and less efficient plant parameters).
- Participate in incident investigation teams for troubleshooting and determining root cause of plant issues/problems.
- Assist in the review of changes to the plant “cause and effect matrix” to improve plant reliability and protect plant assets.
- Support in development of plant modifications for projects within all degrees of complexity.
- Understand and comply with the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Be up-to-date with and apply state of the art developments/technologies applicable to the methanol industry, as required.
- Provide necessary process engineering support to guide the timing of plant shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Work with contractors and outside vendors/suppliers for developing project concepts, quoting, developing scope of work and cost justifications regarding projects.
- Provide process engineering support in the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Live up to the key values of the Organization and act accordingly during the whole life cycle of our human assets.
- Present a professional image at all times to co-workers, clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the Organization.
- Actively seek and pursue development of skills needed to progress in the field of engineering and leadership/management.
- Support and promote a pro-active HSSE culture within the Organization and develop leadership skills in HSSE.
- Ensure and improve effective HSSE management.
- Ensure all HSSE systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide process engineering support to the Operations Team in the development of guidelines to ensure plant and equipment are operated in a manner that poses no threat to the environment.
- Provide technical support to the Operations Team in the management of the containment and clean-up of spills, ensuring proper handling and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Ensure and improve effective Incident Management Response.
- Ensure all incidents are promptly reported, participate in investigations as necessary and complete assigned tasks within the stipulated time.
- Ensure and improve effective Asset Management.
- Provide process engineering support to the Operations Team in the development and routine review of guidelines and procedures to ensure Plant and equipment are operated within design limits.
- Provide process engineering support to assess abnormal Plant conditions and develop guidelines to mitigate and manage these conditions.
- Support full compliance to HSSE related legislation & regulations, corporate requirements and management system(s) (i.e. operating policies and procedures).
- Assist other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree