Junior Financial Planner/Advisor
|New York City, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Opportunity for an early-career financial planner/advisor to take the next step up with a highly prestigious wealth management firm, consistently ranked as top-tier advisors. Generous benefits plan and culture of mentorship.
Jr. Financial Planner/Advisor (CFP or CFA).
New York, NY.
Requires: Minimum of one year’s experience in financial planning, strong communication skills, high-ranking academic record.
Our client is a leading independent, fee-only Wealth Management firm headquartered in NYC. The firm seeks a highly capable, hardworking Jr. Financial Advisor to help formulate and implement investment and financial planning advice, help manage existing client relationships and participate in new business development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Junior Financial Planner:
As a member of a Client Team that works with about 200 clients, you will provide the following:
- Relationship Management: Be a first point of contact for a number of the team’s clients, and work with senior advisors at the firm on asset allocations, portfolio management, etc.
- Client Service: Assist in financial planning strategies and portfolio management.You will employ a comprehensive approach to working with clients, inclusive of investments, cash flow, tax, estates, risk management and benefit plans.
- Financial Plan development: Based on a client’s goals and circumstances, create or assist with financial plans that address individual client needs
- Investment Portfolio Creation: Review a client’s current investments and objectives, give a client a picture of his or her current portfolio composition and within the firm’s guidelines oversee a custom portfolio that the firm will manage.
- Over time will gain an opportunity to specialize in a particular area, such as Investments, Financial Planning or Business Development.
Qualifications of the Junior Financial Planner:
- Minimum one year of experience in financial planning/wealth management with a demonstrated ability to manage client relationships. Relevant internship experience will be considered.
- Interest in obtaining the CFP® or CFA designation in the future
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university with a high GPA
- Impressive standardized test scores
- Strong Financial Planning and Wealth Management interest, acumen and judgment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a non-financial audience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, take initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work effectively with others
- Organized and able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Has a “client-first” mentality, strong desire to help people
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- A belief in fee-only, fiduciary professionalism
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree