|Brampton, Ontario - Canada
$18.00 - $18.00 - Canadian Dollars - Hourly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client in Brampton is looking for a Lab Steward to join their Quality Control Department for a contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for various support activities in the QA/QC Laboratory.
- Issuing analytical templates, disposing tested samples and chemical solvent waste
- Collecting of release and stability samples and logging the samples in the master schedule
- Washing of glassware for QC Laboratory.
- Restocking glassware and supplies used in the laboratory.
- Maintenance of the lab dishwasher and calling in service reps as required.
- Purchasing/receiving laboratory supplies
- Safe disposal of chemical solvent waste
- Daily monitoring of lab equipment (refrigerators/freezers/balances).
- General cleaning of some lab equipment as required (sonic baths, ice-methanol bath, fume hoods, etc.)
- Participate in the annual review of laboratory chemicals.
- Shift or flexible working hours may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma (Grade 12)
- Some knowledge of GMP’s and lab procedures preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- General knowledge of chemicals and MSDS
- Routine problem solving and decision making
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc..