Lead Analyst - Accounting, Record to Report
|Buffalo, New York - United States
$70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Lead Analyst Job Overview
The Lead Analyst will work within the Record to Report (RTR) area and is responsible for the execution and good standing of general accounting, with focuses on reviewing accrual journal entries, Client sales and rent reporting, standard journal entries, and process improvement. The RTR Lead directs members of the Business Services staff, communicates appropriate information throughout the organization and is well-versed on best practices. The RTR Lead communicates and collaborates with executives and management from the MSP, various subsidiaries and field operations. The RTR Lead is key contact with the company's external auditors to perform independent financial statement audits and other engagements.
- Manage Business Services staff focused on journal entries, account reconciliations, and client reporting
- Build and maintain relationships within the Business Services team and throughout the organization
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and standardization
- Review and approve journal entry completion and accrual support
- Review and approve Client reports, including invoices, sales reports, and rent calculations.
- Assist subsidiary finance by preparing financial reports, addressing audit requests, and conducting monthly close meetings
- Receive, investigate, and process customer inquiries and disputes that have been escalated by the MSP
- Manage non-routine issues as they arise and escalate high priority issues to management
- Manage and assess the account reconciliation process, identify timeliness and accuracy concerns, as well as areas of opportunity to improve the process.
- Perform key external and internal audit procedures and independently oversee external audit client requests
- Liaise with Corp Financial Systems to test and implement financial system upgrades, patches and rollouts to new units. Supervise consultants and 3rd party specialists towards same. Support training of unit or MSP personnel.
- Understand and apply Record to Report processes, policies, procedures and internal control standards
- Identify client exceptions to the standard RTR processes and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift towards standard practices
- Independently manages daily activities and can meet published Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for activities
- Work collaboratively and diligently with MSP to continuously improve points of contact, process handoffs and operational transitions
- Endeavor to improve process performance against SLAs and assist with any applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of processes
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the board to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented
- Work in partnership with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues
- Respond to inquiry escalations and acts as a liaison between departments to support overall financial processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- Preferably 5+ years of accounting/finance experience
- May travel to support certain initiatives
- Deep understanding of accounting function and accounting processes
- Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business process management
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and PeopleSoft Financials or similar accounting software
- Facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective communication