Lead DevOps Engineer
|Media, Pennsylvania - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our leading client is in search for their next Lead DevOps Automation Engineer to join their strong team in Media, PA. This is a full-time (direct hire) position offering competitive salary, bonus, employee stock options, great benefits and opportunity for career growth!
The company is privately held and has been in business for over 35 years. They operate in several states.
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
We seek a strong automation lead with a passion for technology. Someone who has the coolest, most sophisticated tools available on their laptop and who stays abreast of technologies newest offerings and tests them out.
You will be responsible for the design, development and automation management of very large distributed systems using the very latest in open source tooling. You will be responsible for the designing the architecture and management of development and production environments and will contribute to productizing new software by developing automation as well as re-engineering open source alternatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a subject matter expert the area of infrastructure automation and orchestration and own all technical aspects of platform configuration and its automation. Perform hands-on architecture, design and development of multi-tenant provisioning systems.
- Work with functionally diverse teams and individuals to collaboratively design and develop production systems/infrastructure treating everything as Code.
- Write code and scripting for automation and creating scalable systems/infrastructure.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Design building AWS/Hybrid/on-prem (in-store) based services supporting production platform offerings.
- Service owner for configuration management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and version control. Provide continuous support for ongoing application availability. Drive consistent operational practices.
- Conduct in-depth evaluations, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving a wide variety of complex technical issues.
- Automate security testing using various security tools to perform security and vulnerability assessments of the internal and external networks and systems. Identify potential threats and develop and automate the delivery of remediation.
- Provide project management, technical assistance, and strategic vision for selecting and deploying new technologies and tools.
- Integrate enterprise-wide tools for automating, orchestrating, securing, monitoring, and managing the current and future infrastructure technology.
- Ensure security posture is maintained and improved through continuous delivery of application and infrastructure security enhancements.
- Partner with internal and external development teams to provide enhancements necessary to address expanding business needs and expedite the delivery of solutions through automation and orchestration.
- Prevent temporary or undocumented configuration changes. Create audit reports that identify and remediate non-standard configurations.
- Provide technical leadership and continuous improvement of standards to enable a more customer focused, responsive department. Help drive consistent operational practices.
- Develop, build and optimize production support models and process designed to enhance response times and maintain high availability of all production application environments and infrastructure. Responsible for providing a stable infrastructure and runtime environment for application deployments.
- Research, evaluate and stay current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies; maintain skills and capabilities through education, training and hands-on experience. Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies. Accept new responsibilities, as required, to enable business growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g. engineering) preferred
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong technical expertise in several of the following technologies:
- Cloud computing: AWS, Google Cloud, DC/OS, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Configuration Management: Ansible,
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Git, SonarQube
- Databases: MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, Oracle
- Programming: Java, Scala, Go, C, C++
- Scripting languages: Shell, Ruby, Python
- Systems: Linux/Unix administration, Networking fundamentals
- Tools: EFK, Thycotic, RabbitMQ, NGINX
- Experience and interest in large-scale distributed systems
- Understanding of networking processing, protocols, and standard TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, TLS, and SSL
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Strong Vendor Management skills
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problem.
The company will only employ candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.