|Title:||Lead Developer / Software Architect - Discount Travel (full-time, regular)|
|Job Location:||New York City, New York - United States|
|Salary:||$120,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||Free/discount travel, flexible work schedule|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Our client is one of the largest air travel consolidators in the US. As a travel consolidator, their innovative tools enable travel agencies to provide specialized communities of customers with access to otherwise unavailable savings on airfare.
Since 1988, they’ve forged relationships and created exclusive contracts with over 100 airlines. Headquartered in Manhattan, they have ~75 employees across four US offices.
They develop software applications to make their work easier and strengthen their relationships with travel agency customers. Their growth has created this opportunity for a hands-on Lead Developer / Software Architect to architect, build, and launch innovative travel-related tools.
As Lead Developer / Software Architect, you will:
• Architect, code, launch, and continuously improve B2B, B2C, and mobile travel software
• Operate in an Agile development environment
• Interface with Product Management to understand and help shape the product vision; provide estimates for development timelines
• Communicate business requirements and software specifications; manage two remote development teams
• BS, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• 3+ years’ software coding and design experience
• Ability to translate business requirements into software specifications and product architecture for B2B, B2C, and mobile software
• Coding proficiency in Python or C++
• Strong SQL skills
• Ability to manage remote development teams and timelines in an Agile environment
• Travel industry experience is desirable: air (most relevant), OTA, hotel, rental car, ancillaries
• Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree