|Job Location:||Snyder, Nebraska - United States|
|Salary:||$100,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Worldwide|
Lead Engineer in Snyder, NE. Copmany willing to assist in relocation.
The Lead Engineer is a professional, technical leader responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the discipline-specific engineering team through design, development, testing and release of products and systems by performing the following duties; the Lead Engineer is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the team. The Lead Engineer will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Provide strategic direction and oversight of total system design, development, and implementation through engineering releases of new systems to assure availability of desired quality products on timely basis per Business Unit plans
• Lead the design of high quality, competitive systems in support of New Product Development and Sustaining Efforts for optimum product positioning, cost competitiveness, and customer satisfaction.
• Prepare, present and provide counsel on technical proposal to the Business Units to assure proper technical data for sound business decisions
• Develop system requirements and performance criteria using his/her own technical expertise, understanding of the customer needs, and knowledge of the industry
• Directs strategic and tactical work force staffing and budgeting
• Lead product concepts and design of systems that meets the performance, reliability, and cost targets
• Establish and ensure implementation of design parameters to ensure product compliance with all legislative requirements.
• Direct product change in transition from current to future products by integrating innovation from technology portfolio and suppliers into vehicle programs.
• Provide technical leadership and coaching to direct reports and extended team.
• Drive functional excellence through use of quality tools, DFMEAs, 8Ds, etc
• Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
• Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
• Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
• Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations and develops recommendations accordingly.
• Establishes and maintains technical standards within discipline
• Successfully drive continuous improvement of products in areas of cost, reliability, and functionality
• Espouse and model Company’s values and guiding behaviors to build a self-sustaining, motivated team geared toward product innovation and operational excellence in support of Company’s sustained profitability
• Schedule, motivate and effectively use the manpower available by setting work priorities and by communicating objectives and results of individual performance
• Lead and communicate with cross functional teams consisting of Sales, Design, Analysis, Validation, Materials, Purchasing, Quality and Operations
• Other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s (BS) degree in Engineering required.
• 7-10 years of work experience in engineering or a related technical field.
• 3-5 years of management experience with a minimum of 5 direct reports.
• Strong working knowledge of SolidWorks required
• Experience using and interpreting the results of structural FEA
• Understanding of field loads and the ability to convert into FEA conditions
• Ability to analyze and apply appropriate functional tolerances including use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Energetic, motivated and innovative team player with a demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor a diverse group of technical professionals.
• Demonstrated knowledge of material specifications, properties and processing techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to bring engineering projects to completion, on time and within budget
• Design experience with emphasis on design and release process and creation of Engineering Bills of Materials
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure documents.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Versatile, flexible, and a willingness to adapt to changing priorities
• Able to interface effectively with and develop relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree