Lead Quality Engineer
|Rochester, New York - United States
$70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Lead Qualtiy Engineer
Geat opporutiny to be the lead quality guru for a brand new facility!
You will ensure that components and products meet purchase specification, design and quality/reliability requirements. You will serve as a direct interface with suppliers and customer quality assurance functions in support of failure investigations, corrective actions and operational readiness reviews.Ideal experience with optics, optical components and/or optical systems, but not required.
- The QE is an integral part of the organization, leading, collaborating, facilitating and supporting the needs of the organization with a sense of ownership and integrity fostering a positive work environment and a shared Quality Culture.
- The ability to take initiative, a sense of ownership and follow through is essential to the health of the organization
- The ability to openly and willingly communicate at all levels is critical to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- The QE must be a positive team player, someone that can be counted on to contribute fully and willingly to go the extra mile to meet the goals of the team and the company as a whole.
- Actively assuring compliance to ISO.9001, company policies and customer requirements.
- Responsible for assuring customer and supplier quality performances.
- Implement quality planning, control plan, FMEA, inspection methodology, and root cause analysis.
- Work with Operations and Engineering to increase efficiency through the improvement of in-house and supplier manufacturing processes, and product quality
- Developing and managing KPI’s, databases and countermeasures as required for continuous improvements
- Participate in Material Review Board activities and feedback to suppliers.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen Lean methods, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. ASQ CQE, CQA or CQM/OE is a plus
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years Quality Engineering experience.
- Must be a team player with the ability to promote collaboration, taking ownership and/or facilitating a process achieving a closed loop QMS.
- Demonstrated experience within a manufacturing operation. Optic Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Familiar with modern quality tools such as FMEA, Control Plan, and Statistical techniques and proficient with Mini-Tab or equivalent.
- Experience with ISO9001
- Demonstrated understanding of quality metrics, process characterization, mapping processes, Lean Manufacturing, VSM, Six Sigma, and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Excellent communication in English – both written and oral.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Familiarity with the use of ERP / Document Control systems (e.g. Oracle, JDE, Adobe Acrobat,).
- Ability to travel approximately 20% both domestic and international.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree