Lean Process Engineer
|Libertyville, Illinois - United States
$50,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Outstanding organization is looking for an experienced Lean Process Engineer to help in continuous improvement and innovation initiatives. The comany is growing and adding to staff. They are in progressive industries and look to capitalize on the latest trends and innovations. The client is looking for someone with a couple of years of more of experience, eager to grow, learn and excel!
The Lean Process Engineering Team is responsible for developing and improving effective manufacturing processes at the company., in line with the company strategic planning, quality policy and the quality management system, including, defect prevention, inspection, process control and all regulatory activities such as ISO 9001.
- Work with team to develop useful and effective cellular process and product manufacturing methods
- Collect and analyze data, prepare for activities, and follow-up on action items from events
- Provide verbal and written summary of events to team
- Prepare documentation for manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods
- Provide technical expertise and support for production
- Perform root cause analysis to resolve problems and reduce instances
- Think creatively – discovering and identifying new ideas, methods and systems
- Performs other work as assigned or directed
- Has the authority to stop or refuse any material, equipment, and /or personnel if they/it are affecting the quality of the product.
- Has authority to stop production if safety or product quality would be compromised.
- A technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum years experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing Engineering / Process Engineering / Quality Assurance experience a plus
- Knowledge of single piece flow lean manufacturing concepts. Toyota Production System.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Proficiency in standard office computer programs and ability to learn additional software
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, with the ability to lead, influence, train and problem solve.