Loan Review (Banking)
|Houston, Texas - United States
$75,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Loan Review (Banking)
This opportunity will be accountable for managing all facets of assigned review entities. Position responsibilities include but not be limited to:
Execution of reviews of the client Bank portfolios, strategies, and credit risks.
Assessment of the effectiveness of credit risk management of assigned businesses, proposal of practical solutions to risk and control questions.
Loan Review Tasks:
- Evaulation of the appropriateness of corrective action plans resulting from reviews and ensuing validation of the effectiveness of the same after implementation by the Business.
- Responsibility for the qaulity of work products that include documents and reports created for the assigned entities.
- Proactive communication to credit review portfolio managers and management of any concerns and/or emerging risks that may jeopardize the assigned entities.
- Management of quarterly business monitoring and periodic reviews.
- Assessing the quality of allocated portfolios and relations, including identification and appraisal of emerging risks.
- Valuation of the quality and suitability of credit analysis and exposure analysis as well as accuracy and suitability of risk ratings and classifications of corporate, commercial and high-net worth clients.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the credit risk methods and standards of allocated Review Entities to promote top practices and identify opportunities for enhancements.
- Calculation of business and risk staffing levels to determine the effects on allocated review entities.
- Regulatory experience or pertinent experience in a similar role at another institution is desirable
- Demonstrable financial services knowledge including six or more years of credit experience in corporate, commercial, or retail banking environments.
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters with established sound judgment
- Robust analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and inclinations and anticipate horizon issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. to audiences of varying levels of seniority.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence without direct authority.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- BA/BSc in business, finance, or a related field.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree