|Indianapolis, Indiana - United States
$75,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
An exceptional Tier I Automotive supplier has an immediate need to fill a position of Logistics Manager at their plant located west of Indianapolis and east of Terre Haute, IN.
Position Specific Responsibilities (PSR):
- Coordinates inbound and outbound logistical operations including transportation and warehousing to make certain sufficient supply of products and goods
- Oversee an effective system that meets the organization’s inventory control needs through efficient transportation of raw materials, component parts and/or finished goods through activities such as locating and dispatching, sourcing, receiving, procurement and optimizing inventory levels
- Ensures compliance with U.S. and foreign government laws and regulations.
- Oversees the completion of paperwork and monetary transactions associated with international distribution in a timely manner
- Negotiate with clients and handle issues with customs officials for the import/export and transshipment of packages and documents in a time sensitive environment, to achieve agreed standard of operational quality throughout customs clearance process
· Proven management and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Demonstrated project management skills
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Priority setting and time management
- Action oriented / produces results
- Manages a broad functional area