Machinist - II
|Freeport, Illinois - United States
$35,000.00 - $55,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. They are currently looking for a Machinist for 3 different shifts. One machinist per shift essentially is what they are looking for. They are known to be a great company to work for and offer great benefits and incentives.
This position requires the incumbent to perform all lathe or mill operations required to produce finished products from a variety of materials. Incumbent must be able to work from blueprints, specifications, job layouts, and written and/or oral instructions for the successful set-up and operation of manual or CNC machine tools.
- Performs complex machining of all types of parts in support of production operations or job shop machining.
- Lay out work from blueprints, sketches, and written specifications.
- Sets up and operates all available machine tools and performs progressive machining operations on work involving very close tolerances or unusual requirements.
- Determines and prioritizes job shop production operation sequence.
- Specific knowledge of appropriate feeds, speed, and tooling for a wide range of materials.
- Familiar with working properties of all materials.
- Skillfully uses all machinists’ hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Interact and coordinate with other functions (Engineering, Quality, etc.)
- Enter process performance data when required.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner according to Honeywell’s 5S standards.
- Utilize HOS, Six Sigma, and Lean tools to identify and resolve product and process issues.
- Actively participate in team roles and team development, including continuous improvement initiatives to meet cycle time, schedule, and quality objectives.
- Demonstrates the Honeywell core values and complies with Honeywell policies, procedures, and HS&E requirements as applicable.
- High School Diploma or GE
- 2+ years of GibbsCam experience
- Read blueprints