Maintenance Engineer - Night Vision Products
|Goleta, California - United States
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
If you have solid mechanical, electrical, and leadership skills along with experience in maintenance engineering of high-volume, high-quality electro-mechanical automotive products, and manufacturing processes, then this position is well-suited toi you.
Summary of the Maintenance Engineer - Night Vision Products:
A Maintenance Engineer with experience in working on with solid PLC programming, electrical, and mechanical troubleshooting skills is required for one of our long term clients in California. This company works for cutting edge advanced safety and ADAS technologies. In this role you will be responsible for maintenance engineering for night vision product production. While working on this position, you will also deploy production station vision system and PLC programs and will coordinate with users for the deployment of new PLC code releases.
If you have solid mechanical, electrical and leadership skills along with the experience in maintenance engineering of high-volume, high-quality electro-mechanical automotive products and manufacturing processes, then this position is well suited toi you.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer - Night Vision Products:
- Responsible for maintenance engineering for night vision product production.
- Conceptualizes, develops, validates and implements new production stations, processes and equipment - automated and semi-automated assembly operations, screwdrivers, vision cameras, leak testers, thermal chambers, label printers, servos, linear actuators, sensors, vision systems, scanners, encoders, etc.
- Responsible for primary production station ownership and support; maintains, troubleshoots, improves and optimizes current production lines, stations, processes and equipment:
- Maintains through total productive maintenance, preventative maintenance, measurement systems analyses (calibrations/verifications, gage repeatability and reproducibility); maintenance instructions, training, maintenance technician management;
- Problem solves through root cause analyses and 8D processes;
- Owns and maintains NV production spare parts inventories
- Develops and refines production station vision systems, PLC software and traceability system, limits as needed for continuous improvement, corrective action, and/or sequence changes to accommodate new hardware or software product versions; fundamental platform changes.
- Develops and implements station and traceability system validation plans.
- Deploys production station vision system and PLC programs; coordinates with users the deployment of new PLC code releases. Controls production station PLC code revisions.
- Investigates production station fallout to identify systematic cause and drive continuous improvement and corrective actions.
- Participates in cross-functional production team to meet daily and weekly production demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial, manufacturing, electrical or mechanical engineering
- 8+ years of experience in production machine maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation.
- Proven ability to program and troubleshoot PLCs (AB and/or Omron PLC preferred)
- Must have mechanical and electroncal skills, understand computer hardware and be proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Experience in vision systems is preferred
- Proven ability to develop new practices to build prevention.
- Someone who enjoys firefighting, with the adaptability and cool head required.
- Manufacturing execution system experience preferred.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree