Maintenance Engineering Manager
|Atlanta, Georgia - United States
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
National Food & Beverage Manufacturing Company with 50+ plants in North America (US & Canada) seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager for its location in a suburb south of Atlanta, Georgia. This is a non-union 180 employee food & beverage FDA plant. Competitive comp, excellent benefits, relocation and opportunity for growth! Position is open as a result of multiple promotions! You will manage a team of 8 direct reports.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for writing capital projects, managing maintenance in all aspects of equipment maintenance and reliability in a non union food production plant and warehouse for day to day operations located south of Atlanta, Georgia. This includes researching and implementing methods to increase production and overall product quality through a robust maintenance program. The maintenance department consists of Production maintenance, facilities maintenance, scheduling and parts rooms. Utilize maintenance expertise and managing skills to oversee the Maintenance department personnel by training, directing, coordinating and evaluating maintenance resources and functions including safety, training, housekeeping (5S), employee development and equipment corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Leadership and management of the Maintenance Department
- Manage/implement CMMS, TPM and SMED programs
- Maintain equipment though established effective preventative maintenance program and problem solving
- Drive and support Continuous Improvement program(s)
- Provide maintenance resources to assist the plant achieve all objectives
- Working closely with the EHS committee, ensuring we maintain a safe working environment and remain compliant with environmental regulations
- Maintain facility/production line conditions in order to meet established GMPs/HAACP and Food Safety Regulations. Establish and maintain departmental SOPs to meet this goal. Ensure processes meet or exceed government requirements under FDA, OSHA, GMP, EPA, etc.
- Monitor production line(s) OEE, while providing continuous improvement and communication to all forepersons and supervisors as necessary
- Manages Maintenance Department spending. Help prepare and manage capital budgets – track budget accounts for electricity, water, sewer, all R&M equipment, machinery supplies, outside services and maintenance labor.
- Collaborate with Plant Operations Manager and Plant Scheduler(s) to assure production needs and changes can be met
- Directs contractors and project team members and is responsible for implementing programs to ensure the quality of work meets all professional and governmental standards.
- Direct through subordinate supervisors employees engaged in installing and repairing equipment. This includes electricians, mechanical maintenance and other disciplines.
- Inspect completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications and code.
- LEAN manufacturing experience
- Experienced Maintenance Manager in a Food & Beverage Manufacturing plant
- Problem-solving, analytical, and trouble-shooting skills required to resolve manufacturing, procurement and logistics issues
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Demonstrated leadership capability - experience managing and directing maintenance teams
- PSM/Engineering experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Minimum Experience Preferred:
- Five to seven years of experience in a food manufacturing environment.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree