This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|New York City, New York - United States
$100,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
New York City Maintenance Manager position open. Must have an engineering degree, must be working as a Maintenance Manager now and preferably be out of plastics manufacturing
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
- Assists in the specification for production equipment and the selection, purchase and installation into the plant.
- Monitors contractor safety performance and, when assigned, coordinates contractor activities.
- Monitors spare parts and supply minimum and maximums to ensure a just-in-time inventory is maintained and obsolete parts are recommended for obsolescence in a timely manner.
- Ensures equipment is maintained and in good working condition by scheduling timely and routine preventative maintenance to improve equipment reliability.
- Manages activities and maintenance of grounds, building and parking lots.
- Develops and outlines a program of continuous improvement for the maintenance department including the PM program.
- Ensure the security, fire, and emergency systems are fully operational, routinely tested, and inspected.
- Reviews and signs all invoices, and approves purchase orders for the maintenance department/projects.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring facility utilities and implementing energy saving initiatives.
- Acts and performs as an interface between maintenance, manufacturing, contractors and engineering.
- Schedule internal maintenance work orders and coordinate with outside vendors. Understanding internal limitations and securing outside expertise.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, establish priorities and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Promotes a strong safety culture and demonstrates adherence to all Environmental, Heath and Safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate and foster Core Values and actively contributes to a high performance culture.
- Facilitate and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Meet or exceed plant business plan and KPI's.
- Integrate WCOM initiatives into the culture of the Plant.
- Industrial mechanical, electrical, pneumatic operations knowledge and process resolutions with ability to identify needed resources.
- Preventative maintenance administration with an ability to enhance current systems.
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and execute projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot in a plastics processing environment preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills to include MS Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD or equivalents.
- Strong supervisory skills to lead projects and department personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or engineering field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 1 years of previous supervisory experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in facility maintenance within a manufacturing environment is required.