Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift (HS-7807)
|Redfield, South Dakota - United States
$50,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|***Competitive Wage and Benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift - South Dakota
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established Ag Employer in their search for a Maintenance Supervisor for the 2nd shift at their South Dakota food processing plant. This position is responsible managing a crew of maintenance personnel; welders, electricians who perform regular maintenance on plant equipment, reduce production downtime and overseeing special projects. Including but not limited to maintenance of production and packaging equipment, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, installation and startup of new equipment. Must be able to operate hydraulic, air, or electric hand tools, the ability to work in a hot, cold, and/or wet environment is necessary. Other responsibilities include:
- Promotes a safe working environment following company, state and federal safety policies, regulations and laws.
- Research maintenance planning software options and participate in making recommendations to company management on maintenance planning.
- Create preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment within the production process. Set up schedule of servicing and maintenance of all machinery and equipment and ensure functioning of all plant equipment.
- Schedule the preventive work with the maintenance departments and ensure that equipment and machinery are functioning to full capacity.
- Monitor and provide feedback to plant engineer of preventive maintenance action for all previous equipment.
- Work with purchasing manager to identify spare parts required for operations processing equipment.
- Ensure proper storage and usage of maintenance tools and equipment for repairs.
- Maintain records of service cycles and other maintenance activities.
- Work with a team to automate management tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain professionalism, good attitude and appropriate behavior.
- Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Assign manpower as needed.
- Meet required deadlines
- Ability to work in a hot, cold and or wet environment
- Must be able to weld and follow all safety practices
- Operate all shop equipment such as grinders, cut-off saws, power tools, ladders etc.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Operate Hydraulic, air or electric hand tools
- Working with hydraulic systems ( understanding high-pressure cylinders, pumps, or valves and reading schematics and using for troubleshooting in high-speed manufacturing)
Working with pneumatics (for example, working with solenoids, cylinders, or motor brakes and reading schematics and using for troubleshooting in high speed manufacturing)
Working with electrical systems (for example, working with high voltage, installation, motor testing, troubleshooting.
- 5+ Years Industrial Maintenance experience (Prefer Food Processing experience)
- 3+ Years experience in a Maintenance Supervisor position
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, Oral and Written
- Experience with Maintenance Management software and Preventative Maintenance scheduling
- Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and repair
- Basic welding and mill wright abilities
- Cryovac maintenance experience beneficial
- Demonstrated Safety Mindset and administration of workplace safety policies and training.
- Must be able to walk, climb, twist, lift, grasp crawl, lift and carry up to 50 lbs and work in all indoor and outdoor climates.