Maintenance and Facilities Manager
|Lancaster, South Carolina - United States
$60,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Summary of the Position:
Manages the day-to-day mechanical support for manufacturing/packaging operations associated with the production of quality products as well as general facility maintenance. Supervises and coordinates the work of the maintenance mechanics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans and organizes the mechanical steps required in the production of safe quality products.
- Supervises and/or performs the set-up and adjustments to manufacturing/packaging equipment to ensure assigned machines run at peak efficiency and operations are within the cGMP guidelines and SOPs
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment pertaining to production, including but not limited to, filling, packaging and manufacturing equipment, in accordance with cGMP procedures.
- Performs general facility maintenance such as plumbing, HVAC and electrical.
- Arranges for and manages appropriate third-party contractor support for services associated with the mechanical operations of production equipment and facilities.
- Maintains the spare parts inventory.
- Adheres to all established Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Policies (i.e., lock-out/tag-out) and enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Supervises and/or performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks for production equipment and facilities operations.
- Provides training to new employees on the maintenance of equipment, safety of equipment, SOPs and GMPs on an as needed basis.
- Coaches, counsels and manages the performance of direct reports.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Performs internal audits and evaluates the department's procedures, facilities and equipment to identify unsafe conditions for improvement.
Minimum Requirements: A working knowledge from a cGMP or pharmaceutical environment, preferably as a mechanic is needed. Requires a minimum of 6 years related experience. Certified in OSHA programs and practices (ie Forklift Train the Trainer certification, HAZWOPER certification) Good interpersonal skills required along with the ability to interact with all staff levels.
Education and Experience: Requires a high school or trade school degree, or a GED with a minimum of 6 years hands-on mechanical experience. Supervisory experience is preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: Maintenance Staff
High School/Secondary School