Maintenance and Reliability Engineer - Chemicals
|Schenectady, New York - United States
$90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|10% Bonus Opportunity
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This Global Company is expanding at rapid pace. They offer a work life balance. Accomplishment is rewarded
The Maintenance & Reliability Engineer is a shared resource in the Maintenance, Logistics, and Production areas. You will help develop plans, programs and procedures related to improving plant equipment reliability to meet the plant goals and promote the most effective use of maintenance personnel and equipment.
As the Maintenance and Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Provide technical repair expertise and troubleshooting focal point for plant equipment including: Pumps, Exchangers, Pressure Vessels, Storage Tanks, Piping, etc.
- Develop repair plans for major equipment failures and plant outages.
- Site administration of the CMMS which includes providing training on the system and managing the database.
- Provide support to Reliability Engineering for PM processes and compliance.
- Oversee development of the site's asset reliability strategy and for preventive and predictive maintenance program and processes
- Drive root cause analysis and correction to eliminate equipment reliability problems
- Lead implementation and maintenance of site's equipment criticality analysis.
- Monitor, review, and improve existing asset maintenance practices for effectiveness and adherence to established industry or company best practices
- Partner with departments and the planners/schedulers to develop the scope and schedules for all equipment shutdowns
- Responsible review and modification of shutdown plans on site dynamics, equipment issues, and production schedules
- Ensure clear and timely communication to sites departments on all shutdown issues
- Provide technical support for plant equipment and system troubleshooting
- Lead equipment repair programs, support Capital projects, and assigned process improvements
- Ensure that reliability program is performed in compliance with requirements of OSHA's PSM regulations
- Consult asset management development strategies to ensure activities conform to Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP)
- Vigorously track sand report monthly metrics (Key Performance Indicators, KPI's) and prepare technical progress reports on active projects
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance and reliability engineering
- Experience in Total Process Reliability (TPR), Mechanical Integrity and CMMS desirable
- Knowledgeable in risk-based inspection methodologies and how to use the methodologies
- Process Industry equipment experience
- Working knowledge of OSHA PSM standards
- Electrical background
- DCS / PLC experience
- Proficient in SAP/ERP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, and CMMS
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree