Manager of Technical Accounting
|Bridgewater, New Jersey - United States
$175,000.00 - $185,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a large global pharma/medical devices organization based out of Central NJ. They are looking for a Manager of Technical Accounting to join their team. The individual in this role will assist the VP of Policies and Technical Accounting in maintaining the company's accounting policies, perform technical accounting research, implement new accounting standards and more. This is known to be a great company to work for that offers competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits.
- Provide guidance on complex accounting matters to Senior Management and across all functional lines of the organization.
- Conduct accounting research, provide recommendations on the application of accounting standards, and document the company’s positions with formal position papers.
- Draft new or make changes to existing policies, ensuring policies are up to date with the latest accounting and control guidance.
- Support continual training program on accounting policies and new and existing accounting pronouncements.
- Provide guidance to all functional lines of the organization on various Policy Questions
- Responsible for development of continual training program on accounting policies
- Manage dissemination and response to questions that come into the Technical Accounting Inbox.
- Review accounting for non-standard revenue transactions and develop monthly reports for senior management.
- Manage the global reporting process associated with Non-Standard Revenue Transactions, including the use of SharePoint reporting tools.
- Manage the adoption of new accounting standards, including updates to Senior Management on the status of adoption.
- Organize monthly CPE training for the benefit of all employees.
- Issue monthly Heads up Emails to the finance organization on various accounting, policy and control topics of interest.
- Work on Comment Letter Responses to Standard Setters on proposed Accounting Standards.
- Review SEC filings and participate in Monthly Accounting Review (MAR) Meetings.
- Design and implement sound internal control procedures to be in compliance with Corporate Policies and Procedures, safeguard company assets, and SOX requirements.
- Identify opportunities to drive operational excellence and eliminate waste in processing and reporting.
- 6-10 years of experience in technical accounting
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master Degree or CPA a plus
- Big 4 experience a plus