Manager, Corporate Accounting
|Iselin, New Jersey - United States
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty, building materials in the US. They have a team of over 7000 employees located throughout the US. Founded in 2009 as 3 business units with 17 branches, our client has rapidly grown through both acquisitions, as well as by gaining market share and the opening of new branch locations. Since their founding, they have acquired over 30 companies and have expanded into more than 240 locations.
The Manager – Corporate Accounting & Reporting reports to the Senior Manager-Corporate Accounting, and is responsible for ensuring that the Company's consolidated financial statements are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and that they are completed accurately and timely.
- Oversee the financial accounting activities and monthly, quarterly and year-end financial closes, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and Company policies and procedures.
- Participation in monthly financial review meetings.
- Ensure appropriate financial and internal control processes and changes are implemented and are being executed to address the Company's growth and changing business model as well as to ensure processes are being performed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that internal financial and management reporting is timely, accurate and relevant.
- Assist with the development, monitoring, and enforcement of company-wide accounting policies and procedures. This includes ensuring that desk level procedures are appropriately maintained.
- Participate with the bank and other compliance reporting
- Work closely with the company's auditors to execute annual audits and quarterly reviews.
- Liaise with Technical Accounting group in the implementation and monitoring of complex accounting topics
- Liaise with other accounting staff at Corporate or at operating companies
- Participate in the integration of acquired entities into the Company’s accounting and reporting processes
- Manage and develop a staff of 3-6 staff to ensure their responsibilities are completed timely and accurately.
- Participate in departmental, divisional and company-wide projects and other duties as assigned by Management
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience
- Accounting degree required
- CPA required
- Supervisory experience required
- Strong work ethic required
- Must be comfortable working in a an evolving, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including experience with financial statement consolidations
- Public company experience preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with acquisitions preferred
- Strong communication skills (including writing skills)
- Ability to travel domestically (up to 10% possible)
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree